Menu

Well, I screwed that up. <tiny rant>

Noreen Claire

DS8 started Beast Academy 3A at the beginning of the month, after finishing Singapore 2A&B. I had originally only ordered the first book, in case he didn't like it. Turns out, he loves it, so I ordered the rest of the level 3 books this past Monday, as I knew it would take 2-3 weeks for the cheaper shipping.

Well, he just finished the book this morning!  :ohmy:  (I didn't realize how far along he was in the book/workbook.) Now, we have to come up with something else to do for math until the other books arrive. He is not going to be happy with me - he want's to start the next book right now! Boo!  :cursing:

</rant>

[Edited to add that he did the workbook, too. D'oh!]

Edited by Noreen Claire

I did that one year; ds finished Singapore Math 5B and I hadn't decided between Art of Problem Solving and Dimensions Math. So, he did a few weeks of Khan Academy and CTC Math while I made up my mind.

If you have any local homeschool curriculum book stores in your area, you could do a bit of Life of Fred or a history of mathematics unit study.

Edited by trulycrabby
  • Like 1

If you have any local homeschool curriculum book stores in your area, ....

Wait, is that a thing that really exists? Wow. I'm pretty jealous that people can just go to a homeschool book store!

We are probably going to play some math-y games and maybe work on his speed on his math facts. Keeping my fingers crossed that the books come sooner, rather than later!

Wait, is that a thing that really exists? Wow. I'm pretty jealous that people can just go to a homeschool book store!

We are probably going to play some math-y games and maybe work on his speed on his math facts. Keeping my fingers crossed that the books come sooner, rather than later!

Yup, it exists.  In fact, I have some curricula I need to take over there to consign.  It was stuff I didn't take last Spring because we were still working on it, but I should have taken it a while ago!

• Like 1

Depending upon where you live (your Shipping Address) and where the Shipper is, you may be surprised. Hopefully it will not take 2 or 3 weeks. Our Shipping Address in the USA is in Miami, FL.   Most of the things we order (Textbooks) go by USPS Media Mail or DHL Global Mail. Most of them are Out for Delivery in Miami 7 or 8 days after the Carrier receives the package. Some probably take 10 or 12 days, but I believe that's fairly rare.  From a Textbook Seller in Ohio, we have had 1 or 2 textbooks out for delivery in Miami, 2 or 3 days after USPS got them for Media Mail Shipment.  I hope what you ordered arrives soon!  We get a lot of other things that go via USPS First Class Package or DHL Global Mail and those usually arrive in 3 to 7 days. Even Textbooks shipped from Salem OR via FedEx SmartPost are delivered in about 7 or 8 days. 

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 1

Depending upon where you live (your Shipping Address) and where the Shipper is, you may be surprised. Hopefully it will not take 2 or 3 weeks. Our Shipping Address in the USA is in Miami, FL.   Most of the things we order (Textbooks) go by USPS Media Mail or DHL Global Mail. Most of them are Out for Delivery in Miami 7 or 8 days after the Carrier receives the package. Some probably take 10 or 12 days, but I believe that's fairly rare.  From a Textbook Seller in Ohio, we have had 1 or 2 textbooks out for delivery in Miami, 2 or 3 days after USPS got them for Media Mail Shipment.  I hope what you ordered arrives soon!  We get a lot of other things that go via USPS First Class Package or DHL Global Mail and those usually arrive in 3 to 7 days. Even Textbooks shipped from Salem OR via FedEx SmartPost are delivered in about 7 or 8 days. 

It's being shipped USPS economy mail from CA to MA. The publisher specifically states "2 to 3 weeks." I just looked and my last order came in 12 days. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Well, ours closed six months ago because the owners kids re all grown.

• Like 1

Singapore Math has a book called Challenging Word Problems 3 that would be a great filler until BA arrives. There is a non-common core edition for sale via Amazon Prime, so you could get it in two days if you are a prime member. I can't link it on this device, but it is there.

• Like 1

Singapore Math has a book called Challenging Word Problems 3 that would be a great filler until BA arrives. There is a non-common core edition for sale via Amazon Prime, so you could get it in two days if you are a prime member. I can't link it on this device, but it is there.

We did the CWP for level 2 during the year, along with the texts. I do have all the level 3 books for next year already, but I wasn't planning to start them until September. If we run out of math games (or if that idea goes sideways too quickly), I may pull that out to work on. Thanks for the idea!