Menu

When you use timeshare points, do you need to name everyone staying or just the person who checks in?

katilac

When you use timeshare points, do you need to name everyone staying or just the person who checks in?

Same for showing ID - everyone staying, or just the person checking in? 

Can someone under 21 check in if they are using family points? 

I ask merely out of curiosity, and not because certain young adults I know are hatching a Very Bad Plan.

• Like 1

I'm not an expert about Timeshares, but I have a little knowledge of them now and I am going to give you a wonderful link for Timeshare related themes.  I doubt that you would need to name everyone who is staying there, when you make the reservation.  I doubt very much if someone under the age of 21 would be allowed to check-in to a reputable property. That person would also probably need to have a Credit Card in their name, that the property can charge a Deposit to. Probably only that person would need to show ID.  I do not remember showing ID.  I think when we checked in, my wife and I went to the check in desk and my DD and the friend who was with us were in the car or nearby, but they were not at the check in desk with us, at any time.

This web site is where you can find a huge amount of information and help:

http://www.tug2.net/

ETA: Each property has it's own rules and regulations and you need to read those, to know what they are.

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 2

I would guess it depends on the specific Timeshare company and possibly even the specific resort. Marriott asks for all adults to be named on the reservation. And total number staying, as that can't exceed the occupancy designated for the unit reserved. At least it does when I'm using my own points.

• Like 2

I wasn't able to check in for a reservation DH made at Bonnet Creek in Orlando. (Wyndham timeshare that we reserved not via timeshare points.)  He was in the car with the kids, so we had to switch. He needed to show ID.

Disney requires the names and ages of all the people staying in the room for their DVC resorts. Their minimum age is 18.

I agree with Lanny to check the website or call the resort. It's not an uncommon question to ask! :)

• Like 2

I wasn't able to check in for a reservation DH made at Bonnet Creek in Orlando. (Wyndham timeshare that we reserved not via timeshare points.) He was in the car with the kids, so we had to switch. He needed to show ID.

Disney requires the names and ages of all the people staying in the room for their DVC resorts. Their minimum age is 18.

I agree with Lanny to check the website or call the resort. It's not an uncommon question to ask! :)

Same experience at Bonnet Creek. DH made the reservation and he checked in. Usually whichever of us books it goes in and checks in. We usually stay at Wyndham Resorts (time share not the hotel) or RCI exchanges. I think the RCI resorts vary by location.

I don't recall having to name everyone staying there, though we do have to give a head count.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1