Menu

Can we exchange/upgrade our 15 yr olds?

Janeway

Just wondering. Maintenance has gotten to be too high. He doesn't run right anymore. The area we store him in smells (his bedroom). And there seems to be no return on my model anymore. Can I trade him in for a new one? Any chance he will become likeable again someday?

• Like 14

Just wondering. Maintenance has gotten to be too high. He doesn't run right anymore. The area we store him in smells (his bedroom). And there seems to be no return on my model anymore. Can I trade him in for a new one? Any chance he will become likeable again someday?

I think we should start a class action lawsuit.

• Like 7

Store your model for 2-3 years and provide maintenance by caloric input.

Store at room temperature. Occasional periods of colder or hotter temperatures are tolerated if the unit is provided with thermal insulation (cold) or water cooling (hot).

Use the self cleaning cycle in warm water a few times a week; no harsh detergents. Do not dry clean.

Refrain from breaking any parts.

Over the next few years, the model will execute periodic self updates automatically

After a few years, the model be functional again, and you may find it much improved.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 40

I am rather surprised that your model made it all the way to 15 years as I am already experiencing significant difficulties and malfunctions with my two year old model (specifically, loud screeching sorts of noises at inappropriate times and failure to comply with even basic instructions).

The 3 week old at least seems to be functioning properly.

Edited by maize
  • Like 20

I am rather surprised that your model made it all the way to 15 years as I am already experiencing significant difficulties and malfunctions with my two year old model (specifically, loud screeching sorts of noises at inappropriate times and failure to comply with even basic instructions).

The 3 week old at least seems to be functioning properly.

There might still be time to sign up for the extended warranty on the 3 week old.

• Like 15

Store at room temperature. Occasional periods of colder or hotter temperatures are tolerated if the unit is provided with thermal insulation (cold) or water cooling (hot).

Use the self cleaning cycle in warm water a few times a week; no harsh detergents. Do not dry clean.

Over the next few years, the model will execute periodic self updates automatically

After a few years, the model be functional again, and you may find it much improved.

regentude is right, continue to support their function.   they will continue to install their updates and will eventually start to perform within expected parameters.  sometimes even exceeding expectations.

did you get an owner's manual with yours?

• Like 7

regentude is right, continue to support their function. they will continue to install their updates and will eventually start to perform within expected parameters. sometimes even exceeding expectations.

did you get an owner's manual with yours?

What is this "owner's manual" of which you speak? ;)

• Like 8

I'll trade you a 14 yo (almost 15) girl child who thinks that she is the queen of the house. She's super bossy & moody. She does have her good moments when she yells at us for loading the dishwasher wrong.  :lol:

I wonder if she would smell better than my 15 yr old boy...hmmm...might be worth the trade....

• Like 2

What is this "owner's manual" of which you speak? ;)

Well, many things come with one. I certainly didn't get one. And the understanding about function gained by one model, certainly wasn't applicable to subsequent models.

So, I wondered if she got one.

It must be the engineer in him, 1ds thinks this age is hilarious. Yeah, I really like the idea of him doing a minor in physics. Maybe he can explain the function to the rest of us.

• Like 2

😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:lol:

Not only is this hilarious, it is really good advice. The auto-updates will eventually bring the model back to functionality. I have found the 20 year-old update to have provided the most improvement to my male model. My female model updated earlier.

• Like 10

This is where it gets tricky.

• Like 4

I spent about $1,500,000 so far on upkeep on my 19 year old model.

Unfortunately I am the manufacturer and I don't take returns.

The dental reconfiguration program on mine was four thousand dollars alone. If I had it to do over again, I would spring for the premium dental upgrade at manufacture; it's easier to finance it upfront than it is later.

• Like 5

This!

My models are now 20, 18.5, and 17. They started working again after being on some sort of bizarre auto pilot thing. Once they downloaded their updates, and rebooted,they have been great!

Warning though. These models require an unseemly caloric input in order to complete their software revisions. Good luck with that!

• Like 9

:laugh: Perfect!

I spent about $1,500,000 so far on upkeep on my 19 year old model.

Unfortunately I am the manufacturer and I don't take returns.

Holy cow.  $80K per year on one child for 19 years?  Thankfully, ours has stayed alive on a fraction of that.

• Like 1

:lol:

Not only is this hilarious, it is really good advice. The auto-updates will eventually bring the model back to functionality. I have found the 20 year-old update to have provided the most improvement to my male model. My female model updated earlier.

This is excellent news as my male model is currently 19 and I am about at my wits end waiting for the latest update.

I have been trying to ignore it but it keeps emerging from it's storage module and making demands.

• Like 5

Is it normal for them to require food three times a day or more? That's got to be some sort of manufacturer's error, right? This cannot be intended behavior!

Mine requires caloric input four times daily. The part that amazes me is that the waist circumferance on my model never changes, even if caloric input is several times my own. Caloric input from the ice cream stand can ocurr almost daily for the teen male model with no change in circumferance, yet if I had a similar consumption rate, I would be the size of a house.

I think it's a trade-off on male or female models. My teen female model did not require great amounts of caloric input, but her exterior presentation desires tripled in cost.

• Like 7

Is it normal for them to require food three times a day or more? That's got to be some sort of manufacturer's error, right? This cannot be intended behavior!

My 14 year old model requires food at least 10 times a day. It is being stored in a vertical manner, so I guess that's how this model was designed.

• Like 5

Mine requires caloric input four times daily. The part that amazes me is that the waist circumferance on my model never changes, even if caloric input is several times my own. Caloric input from the ice cream stand can ocurr almost daily for the teen male model with no change in circumferance, yet if I had a similar consumption rate, I would be the size of a house.

I think it's a trade-off on male or female models. My teen female model did not require great amounts of caloric input, but her exterior presentation desires tripled in cost.

Yes, something went wrong in the manufacturing process causing female models to have definitely degradable exteriors requiring significant, expensive paints, emoliants, and tune ups. The industry made this worse by implanting a warning signal, "Red alert. Red alert. Current exterior edifices no longer industry standard. Upgrades available, and highly recommended." This signal triggers at least four software updates per year, one per season, and signs of self destruct sequence are initiated regularly to make sure the owner heeds the warning.

Every bit as expensive as the male model despite the lower energy consumption levels.

• Like 2

Oh, I forgot-if you have one with a rechargeable battery like mine, be prepared. Charging time is roughly 12 hours for every hour of active time.

Yes, but my model only charges between 2:00 am and noon. I find this very inconvenient as most apps need to function between 7:00 am-3:00 pm.

• Like 4