Menu

Build Your Bundle Giveaway

Rainbow resource has it listed as grades 3-12. I might be way off. I was basing it on my very superficial once through and thinking of my own kiddos and how they would like it. If you go to RR they have a few sample pages.

That's good then. I love art and would use it as a supplement. 

In my inbox:

Hello,

Did you receive our email recently telling you that the Build Your OWN Basic Bundle of 5 was just $19.95?

Well, that was a mistake.

We almost panicked. Our help desk started to blow up. We thought to clear it up we would email a retraction and apology.

Then we thought, why punish YOU for our mistake?

I know when I go to the grocery store and something is labeled wrongly, they honor the price (gotta love Publix!)

So, that is what we are going to do! To make it work, we are giving you ONE DAY ONLY to get the Build Your OWN Basic Bundle of 5 for just $19.95!

OFFER DETAILS:

Save $5.05 on a Build Your OWN Basic Bundle of 5, making it $19.95

One day only - good until 11:59PM EDT on 5/24

Can be combined with other coupon codes

One coupon code per customer

The code is byo5deal (not case sensitive)

When you make a purchase from the BYB Sale you are helping to support hundreds of homeschooling families and small businesses. :-)

• Like 3

It says B2G1 for BYO or for pre-assembled, does anyone know if I can buy 1 pre-assembled and 1 BYO and get the free bundle? Or does it have to be 2 of the same type of bundle?

NM found the answer.

You cannot get a pre built with a BYO but you can mix a BYO with no price cap along with a BYO 19.99 or less and get a free one but the lowest value bundle is free.

Thank you for the information about mix and matching Build Your Own Bundles!

I purchased:

Healthy Families Bundle (mostly for Playing for Keeps and the Family Bible Study Toolkit but I'm sure I'll look at the recipes too)

Mystery Bundle  (World maps, Five Little Peppers and how they grew Audiobook, HS Math Word Problems)

And Three Build Your Own Bundles (after I learned you could mix and match)

PREMIUM Bundle:

15-min Music Lessons Online (not quite what I expected but my husband might do it with the kids over the summer because it has clips of music in it)

Cobblestone Church History Research Journal (For me. I'm working through last year's right now)

Dora & Diego Spanish (For me to review and my kids to learn. My son wants to be a missionary and, living in the south, having a basic knowledge of Spanish is a good thing anyways)

Guest Hollow Jr Anatomy

Remember the Days Medieval Days Audio Book  (Mostly for me to listen to. Though I think I'm going to get either the ebook or hardcover and use it for church history with my son. If he wants to read the rest, that's fine)

Bundle 1 Basic:

Developing a Quiet Time (To do with my son)

Excavating English (My son has been learning Cesar's English words in school and I thought he might appreciate more about how English came to be)

Handel: The story of Water Music (I listened to the preview and it sounded interesting since we had this piece at our wedding)

Reader's Theater: Christian Poetry

Reading Comprehension Skills & Templates (This is even better than I expected! I thought it would just be forms to print out and fill in but it has actual examples, story excerpts to dissect, etc.)

Bundle 2 Basic:

Quark Chronicles: Anatomy (Just to read. My son devours non-fiction and I think he'd like it)

The Brain: An Introduction to Neurology (MY son currently says he wants to grow up to be a brain surgeon and wanted me to find him more information about the brain)

Uncover Exciting History (Short History bits with reading comprehension questions)

Walk This Way: Ethics and Sanctification Lessons for Kids

Walking with the Waodani (I have sponsored kids in Ecuador and am excited to learn more about the country. I already knew the story of the Elliotts and the Saints -- have even read the Christian Heroes: Then and Now Book about Elisabeth Elliott and Steve Saint's _End of the Spear_ in the last few months in my quest to learn everything about Ecuador I can get my hands on-- so was apprehensive at first to get this, but there is -so little- about the country available I picked it up anyway.  I'm glad I did! It is much more than just about them.)

I think I bought way too much again...the Healthy Families bundle and 2 BYO bundles of 10 plus the free bundle which was a BYO premium.  But I have plans to use most of it between this summer and next year, so hopefully it will be put to good use.

• Like 4

I think I bought way too much again...the Healthy Families bundle and 2 BYO bundles of 10 plus the free bundle which was a BYO premium. But I have plans to use most of it between this summer and next year, so hopefully it will be put to good use.

Right there with ya :)

I ended up buying a no cap bundle, a mix under 20 bundle and then a mix under 20 free which was 15 hand chose curriculums (so awesome!)

Then I went back and bought 2 pre-made bundles and got the mystery one free. It took me forever to download them all and organize them into folders. So much fun!

I think getting over 50 curriculums for under 90 bucks is a ridiculous steal especially when you can get Wayfarers, audio books, Trail Guide, McHenry,Galaxy Grammar etc. Such a great deal! I am in curriculum heaven and won't feel bad if I only use parts of the curriculum to supplement if need be because of how cheap it was.

• Like 3

We did the first 'mission' from Grammar Galaxy today (6 yo & 8.5 yo boys) - huge hit! 😀

I was weighing up between the bundle with this and another bundle and I kind of wish I'd gone for this one now! Maybe I'll go one more build your own and purchase this but I think I've probably bought enough.

I bought the Early Learning bundle, Ellen McHenry bundle and the bonus unit study bundle. We have never bought bundles before and never done unit studies before.

I am hoping to do Ellen Mchenry for ds13 science. It looks way  less wordy than Apologia ( I have read out loud apologia biology all the way through 4 times now to my dyslexic children I do not want to read it out loud again. boy those books waffle on)

The downer was the $5 coupon for signing up vanished before I ordered. I think because I am in a different time zone and the next day ticked over over there  :confused1:  

Edited by Melissa in Australia

I was weighing up between the bundle with this and another bundle and I kind of wish I'd gone for this one now! Maybe I'll go one more build your own and purchase this but I think I've probably bought enough.

I bought it in the premium build your own bundle. Even if I didn't use anything else in the bundle it still works out cheaper than buying from her website. She currently has a deal on her website - 25% off the print version, but I'm also in Australia and it usually works out better to get ebooks. I'm reading the story from my iPad and printing off the missions as needed.

Mega hit here as well! I am LOVING this program for my boys. What a brilliant curriculum!

That's great! I'd never heard of this curriculum before the sale.

Both boys get their new mission in a packet/document folder which also has highlighter, pencil, eraser, correction tape and star stickers. Once they finish the mission they decorate with some stickers and then put the finished pages in a binder. Lots of fun so far.

Edited by BlueWren

I bought it in the premium build your own bundle. Even if I didn't use anything else in the bundle it still works out cheaper than buying from her website. She currently has a deal on her website - 25% off the print version, but I'm also in Australia and it usually works out better to get books. I'm reading the story from my iPad and printing off the missions as needed.

That's great! I'd never heard of this curriculum before the sale.

Both boys get their new mission in a packet/document folder which also has highlighter, pencil, eraser, correction tape and star stickers. Once they finish the mission they decorate with some stickers and then put the finished pages in a binder. Lots of fun so far.

Such a great way to deliver the mission! I need to do something like this!

My boys today were saying "what's our mission today?" With such enthusiasm. They are so into it. I had never seen this either and I am so glad I threw it into my bundle on a whim. I love how it isn't just all grammar but also how to choose books, fiction vs non fiction, etc. It is well thought out!