What's with the ads?

#1 mlktwins

mlktwins

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

My boys have done science experiments over the years and written up lab reports (not very complex ones though).  They love to read and watch videos about science and retain a lot of information that way.  However, we haven't had a lot of luck with our experiments turning out -- LOL.  I want to up our game and work more on adding in different variables and expanding on their current understanding of the process.  Are there any really good resources for experiments for any of area of science that would be good for 7th graders?  Would Ellen McHenry's stuff (which is my current plan for science the next 2 years) go a little deeper than the experiments in the elementary years of Elemental Science?  They were in a chemistry class a few years ago that did mostly demonstrations.

Any thoughts or recommendations?  How necessary is this before high school science if they are exposed to a lot of science information?

P.S.  I am in the process of reading through all the science threads I've followed over the years, but I wanted to start this new thread too :-)!