Menu

The I Need Caffeine Teachers Lounge 5-19-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, alll! I was going to name it the "I need coffee" teachers lounge, but then remembered not all of us

drink coffee. Probably more of us drink some sort of caffeinated beverage. I have yet to get to mine!

I'm sure I've asked before, but what is your morning beverage of choice? Here: depends on the morning. Today,

the day after Opening Night, is definitely a coffee morning! ( insert coffee emoji here - why don't we have one??)

UPDATE on the show: the first performance of Hello, Dolly! went pretty darn well. All the students did a fantastic job;

I was thoroughly impressed. My daughter has one more show tonight, and two tomorrow. 

What's on your schedule today? Here: besides taking dd to her call time tonight, I have baking to do (for gluten free concessions

for the show), thank you gifts to finish up,

and I have to pick up inventory today for my farmers market job tomorrow. Going to be another busy day!  :auto:

What's your forecast for today? Here: it's about 68*F right now with a predicted high of 87*F. Next week we'll be in the 100s.  :glare:

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 2

Morning Beverage: It's always water for me.  I rarely drink anything else.

Schedule: NOTHING!  Well, we had school, but we're done.  This time of year is great since we're wrapping everything up so there's very little left to do.  We finish on Thursday next week.  Fritz has swim team, but since I'm still sick Jamie will take him and pick him up.  Tonight Jamie and Ani are going to an Icon for Hire concert.

Forecast: High 80s.

• Like 1

Morning Beverage: Coffee

Schedule:

pay Comcast internet bill (non-urgent)

Cancel library study room reservation for noon if there is no drilling work today at my complex. Else we would have to walk to the nearby library to avoid the noise

Letting my night owl DS12 catch up on sleep. He has been woken up at 8am by drilling noise for the past few days and really needs his sleep.

Younger is awake since 7:30am and has SAT prep, older is still asleep and has SAT subject tests prep. Otherwise we are almost done for the academic year other than younger boy's WTMA German class.

My kids need to call their Chinese tutor for conversation practice later today.

Forecast: 69degF now with a predicted high of 88degF

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 3

Scrap, Glad to hear that Opening Night went well. 

Morning drink?  Usually hot tea.  I'm a tea snob so I usually drink my adagio flavored teas.  This morning was Jump Start mixed with some caramel tea.  And always a tall glass of water.  On hot days, I usually go for iced tea.  I brew some fruit flavored black tea and pour it over ice (unless I've gotten around to making sun tea.)  Yesterday was hot, plus hot flashes so it was an iced tea day. 

Agenda for today?  I purchased K's birthday gift.  I know it will be a winner because they texted me a link to the exact thing they wanted. 

Yet to do? 

Make hotel reservations for a post-climbing trip college visit to University of Kentucky and for dd's Divisionals competition in Minneapolis (this one requires coordination with some other families who are not getting back to me.) 

Walk the dog.

Fill out beneficiary forms for a couple of IRAs that don't have all of our children on them. 

Pay the car insurance bill.

Renew my driver's license.  I think I can do it by mail. 

Do Math with dd.

Go to 4-H meeting with dd. 

ETA:  Yikes.  The phone rang and startled me and I accidentally hit post. 

Weather forecast? 

It's a chilly 45 degrees after several days in the 80s.  A high of 51 today.  Brrr.  And maybe some rain, so the dog and I are off to get that walk in before it comes.  We'll be in the mid 60s to 70s for the next week or so. 

Edited by dirty ethel rackham
  • Like 3

Hi there. I'm joining in today.

Tea for me. Lots today. We were awoken by a storm at 5:00 a.m. I prayed the big oak would not fall on my children's bedrooms (as I always do) and yay! It didn't! But it did fall in the yard. 😲. Actually it couldn't have fallen more perfectly in the yard. Didn't hit the house, the garden, the swing set, or the fence!

So, add call tree service to my to do list today. Also picking up and dropping off kids and friends. Library trip, grocery store, oh and school, we should do some schoolwork.

Our forecast is mixed clouds and sun, and just for fun more storms are headed our way! Maybe I should wait to call the tree service until we see what else happens...

• Like 4

Bad storms last night but mostly just rain and lightening.

Today I have to take my Mac into the Apple Store for repair.

I spent most of the morning getting two of my high schoolers registered for their fall classes at the CC. Anyone want to share their sticker shocks? Maybe I'll somehow find I'm better off than it feels.

12th grader - $1200 not including books

Pre calculus

Chemistry

American govt

ASL

11th grader - $600 not including books

fundamentals of Art

Comp 1

American govt

The scary thing is they got a tuition waiver, so that's roughy half the full cost. I'm ballparking that the books and lab/art supplies total will be approx $800-1200. But of course they won't disclose the lists until 10 days before classes start just in case anyone might try to shop around for used or better deals. We won't buy anything until after the first day when all the students can beg mercy from their professors for truth in usage needs before spending hundreds of dollars.

Someone has an eye appointment because they got something in their eye. Hopefully it just needs a better flush out than I was able to do at home.

And I just shampooed the downstairs carpets so let's count down from 10 before someone tracks mud through the house or the new dog poops on it.

My morning cup of java was a staple for years but I quit. I still have coffee sometimes, but mostly socially. Now I only have coffee in the morning after eating something for breakfast and usually that greatly reduces my craving and consumption capacity. Otherwise, I'm mostly water or unsweetened iced tea.

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 4

I love coffee!  It's the first thing to cross my lips in the morning.  DH brings me a cup most every morning!

I do have a pile of errands to do.  I'm really tired of going to the grocery store.  I need to prune my espalier trees, but it's warm today so, I'll wait till the evening.

It's currently 89*  

• Like 4

I love coffee but I don't like hot beverages, so my morning drink of choice is iced coffee. I make it with almond milk, no flavoring.

My plans for today went out the window when I discovered that one of my horses was colicking this morning, which is an emergency situation. Luckily, the vet was able to come out immediately and treat him and we think (fingers crossed) he will be okay. I'm staying home all day to keep an eye on him, so my errands and grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.

Our weather is pretty yucky today. It's 39* and raining, with more rain in the forecast all weekend. It's quite a change from a couple days ago, when it was close to 90*.

Scrap, I'm glad your daughter's show went well!  :)  

• Like 3

I love coffee but I don't like hot beverages, so my morning drink of choice is iced coffee. I make it with almond milk, no flavoring.

My plans for today went out the window when I discovered that one of my horses was colicking this morning, which is an emergency situation. Luckily, the vet was able to come out immediately and treat him and we think (fingers crossed) he will be okay. I'm staying home all day to keep an eye on him, so my errands and grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.

Our weather is pretty yucky today. It's 39* and raining, with more rain in the forecast all weekend. It's quite a change from a couple days ago, when it was close to 90*.

Scrap, I'm glad your daughter's show went well! :)

I hope the horse is OK.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Bad storms last night but mostly just rain and lightening.

Today I have to take my Mac into the Apple Store for repair.

I spent most of the morning getting two of my high schoolers registered for their fall classes at the CC. Anyone want to share their sticker shocks? Maybe I'll somehow find I'm better off than it feels.

12th grader - $1200 not including books

Pre calculus

Chemistry

American govt

ASL

11th grader - $600 not including books

fundamentals of Art

Comp 1

American govt

The scary thing is they got a tuition waiver, so that's roughy half the full cost. I'm ballparking that the books and lab/art supplies total will be approx $800-1200. But of course they won't disclose the lists until 10 days before classes start just in case anyone might try to shop around for used or better deals. We won't buy anything until after the first day when all the students can beg mercy from their professors for truth in usage needs before spending hundreds of dollars.

Someone has an eye appointment because they got something in their eye. Hopefully it just needs a better flush out than I was able to do at home.

And I just shampooed the downstairs carpets so let's count down from 10 before someone tracks mud through the house or the new dog poops on it.

My morning cup of java was a staple for years but I quit. I still have coffee sometimes, but mostly socially. Now I only have coffee in the morning after eating something for breakfast and usually that greatly reduces my craving and consumption capacity. Otherwise, I'm mostly water or unsweetened iced tea.

How is the pooping machine doing? Is it getting better?

• Like 2

How is the pooping machine doing? Is it getting better?

Idk yet.

One poop yesterday.

None, so far, today. But I shampooed the carpet and Murphy's law odds and all that...💩

• Like 2

Good afternoon, although it's almost evening!

Scrap, I'm so glad the performance went well!

scholastica, I'm sorry you lost your big oak, but I'm so glad it didn't hit the house!

Murphy101, I don't think I can give you a better sticker shock. You wouldn't pay anything at all for dual enrollment here in GA. The state requires the schools to waive any extra fees above what they pay, even on books. 

Selkie, hoping the horse is okay!

Arcadia, I have wondered if caffeine of some sort wouldn't be good for my ds. He doesn't like tea or coffee. He isn't a big chocolate person, either. 

I drink water as soon as I get up, but then I drink coffee. I like it with stevia and Silk soy plain creamer. We use light coffee for less caffeine, but that's because we want to drink more of it. 

Today was the yard sale. I didn't have any big ticket items, but I made $90. It was fun doing it in a group with friends. Ds and I both had a good time. I sent the remaining items to the thrift store for a ministry we really like. Stuff gone, extra cash, and fun times make for a good day. 

The weather was great. It was partly sunny and only in the low 80s by the time we left. 

• Like 3

Coffee coffee coffee keep that coffee rolling man my brain is swollen Rawhide!

Errands, cleaning in the bedroom, laundry, washing bathroom curtains, planning for 4H which is in just under 1 hour.

10-20 mph winds, gloomy, only 52 degrees.

Was supposed to be clear and decent so we could get the telescope out, and then BAM NOT!

• Like 3

Arcadia, I have wondered if caffeine of some sort wouldn't be good for my ds. He doesn't like tea or coffee. He isn't a big chocolate person, either.

My kids start their day with a cup of Milo (Nestle cocoa malt powder) which has a small amount of caffeine. They sometimes have iced cocoa drink (Ghirardelli 100% unsweetened ground cocoa powder) as a nightcap. Cocoa and chocolate helps my kids and me sleep better.

I had sent my DS12 with a can of Coca-Cola for state standardized testing when he was in public school. He found it helpful for the high sugar and mild caffeine. Not healthy but he is a night owl and standardized testing is always so bright and early in the morning.

I won't recommend Red Bull. Some of my high school and college schoolmates were addicted to it during exam season. Link below list Red Bull as the highest caffeine content for soft drinks. https://www.math.utah.edu/~yplee/fun/caffeine.html

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2

Coffee coffee coffee keep that coffee rolling man my brain is swollen Rawhide!

Errands, cleaning in the bedroom, laundry, washing bathroom curtains, planning for 4H which is in just under 1 hour.

10-20 mph winds, gloomy, only 52 degrees.

Was supposed to be clear and decent so we could get the telescope out, and then BAM NOT!

Before I even saw the "Rawhide" at the end of the sentence, I was singing. I think the tune entered my mind by the third "coffee."  :D

• Like 1