Menu

What art programs are DVD based?

We love Home Art Studio over here.  I bought the dvds when they went on sale through the homeschool buyers coop.  I bought the supplies they recommended and put it all in a big container.  This way when I pop the dvd in there are the supplies.  :) 

It's just fun art so far.  No art history.  Her's are project based with different mediums.  We are in the middle of 1st grade with all three. 

You may be able to start K with your younger 2.  If your oldest hasn't had any art at all, K is fine. 

I love the "How to Draw" from The Great Courses.   You say bandwidth is an issue, which is a shame because it might be free through your library.  BUT you can still buy it as a DVD set.   I suggest you look for previews at TGC website to see if it suits your taste.  I think they are also on YouTube.  I love the healthy dose of theory backing practical application of techniques.  I hope this helps!

Oops. I didn't realize you were thinking for younger kids!  LOL  If you have the time and patience, there's a book called "Drawing with Children."  But I don't know if they have a DVD version.  It seems pretty serious.

I think "How to Draw" may be beyond children.  It's more for older students and adults.  Sorry!

Edited by bluejay