Menu

Jacobs Geometry 2nd Edition

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the board. I received today a Jacobs Geometry 2nd edition, which was published in the late 1980s. I know there is at least one updated edition of the Jacobs text, but is there any reason not to use this one, even though it is 30 years old?

Thanks everyone! Now I just need to decide if my soon to be 9th grader is doing geometry next year or if I will have her do-over Algebra. We worked through the first half of AOPs algebra this year. She really struggled and I'm not sure how well she has retained it.

Thanks everyone! Now I just need to decide if my soon to be 9th grader is doing geometry next year or if I will have her do-over Algebra. We worked through the first half of AOPs algebra this year. She really struggled and I'm not sure how well she has retained it.

My dd struggled with AoPS algebra as well so I switched to Dolciani, then Lial's.  I had her take the test at the end of each chapter and if she didn't understand it well, then I made her complete the whole chapter.  Other chapters, she was able to skip.  Maybe you can just something along this line during the summer and be able to start Geometry in the fall.

I've heard great things about Jacob's 2nd from a friend and she says she is keeping it for her grandkids and never selling.  :-) Right now, I'm trying to decide between Jacob's 2nd and Jurgensen.  Planning on looking at it after this week.