What's with the ads?

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Does anyone know the layout of the new Advanced Language Lessons?

18 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Heather in VA

Heather in VA

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

The FLL books have workbooks with them. Does anyone know if ALL (or whatever it's going to be called now) is expected to have a workbook or will it be a textbook and write on your own paper kind of setup? 

#2 mom2vikha

mom2vikha

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

Bump

#3 cintinative

cintinative

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1656 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

http://www.wtmacadem...ediate-grammar/

• Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: A Complete Course for Young Writers, Aspiring Rhetoricians, and Anyone Else Who Needs to Understand How English WorksCore Handbook
  • Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: Student Workbook 1
  • Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: Key to Student Workbook 1

• Murrayshire likes this

#4 Heather in VA

Heather in VA

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Excellent. That's great.

#5 peaceful isle

peaceful isle

mother of the blue eyed ones

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3351 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

I can't wait till we can see what the books actually look like inside, like some sample pages!

Edited by peaceful isle, 20 May 2017 - 03:14 PM.

• Serenade and elroisees like this

#6 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4975 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:17 AM

I see that all (brginner, Intermediate, and advanced) grammar classes at WTMA use Student Workbook 1.
I am confused. I thought there were going to be upper levels published as well, or is this volume all containing?
  • peaceful isle likes this

#7 cintinative

cintinative

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1656 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

I see that all (brginner, Intermediate, and advanced) grammar classes at WTMA use Student Workbook 1.
I am confused. I thought there were going to be upper levels published as well, or is this volume all containing?

I thought there were supposed to be more than one level too. Maybe it is a pacing thing??

#8 blondeviolin

blondeviolin

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

So this is SWB said about it in Feb:

This is the newly completed and fully developed Advanced Language Lessons! It is a four-year program that takes students all the way through the mastery they need for rhetoric. The same Instructor Core Text is used for all four years, but each of the years has a separate student workbook and key, so that students can both review the information they've learned *and* practice them on new material.

• mlktwins and soror like this

#9 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4975 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

So this is SWB said about it in Feb:

And I am still confused 🤔.
So level 1 will cover all and other levels will repeat the material or level 2 is continuation of level 1, and 3 is continuation of 2......
I am looking for one year comprehensive course and hoping this will be it.

#10 mlktwins

mlktwins

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

It sounds like it is going to be 4 years - both review and new material each year.  I'm looking forward to finally seeing it!

#11 Heather in VA

Heather in VA

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

I'm kind of surprised there arent samples available yet. It's been done and in the production stage for months so you would think there could be a few pages of samples and a TOC ready by now.

Edited by Heather in VA, 21 May 2017 - 09:48 PM.

• Quiver0f10, peaceful isle and Roadrunner like this

#12 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4975 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

I'm kind of surprised there arent samples available yet. It's been done and in the production stage for months so you would think there could be a few pages of samples and a TOC ready by now.

I know. My younger kid took the beginning grammar course this semester, and we loved what we saw. My older kid needs a year of intense grammar. I am deciding between this program and Editor in Chief. I would love to see the TOC of the teacher manual,so I know all of what this will cover.

#13 Quiver0f10

Quiver0f10

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9131 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

I agree. I would really love to see a TOC. I am planning for fall and trying to decide on grammar.

• melmichigan and Murrayshire like this

#14 redsquirrel

redsquirrel

The Stuff of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11907 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

I would love to see a sample as well.  My older kid used the large sample of the original ALL and it was great. He loved it! But, it wasn't to be so we switched to R&S.  I have my younger in R&S but would jump ship in a heartbeat for the new ALL....but I'd like to see a sample to figure out if the transition will be easy. 

I'd love it if there were a Q&A thread about it.

• Heather in VA, peaceful isle and insertcreativenamehere like this

#15 Heather in VA

Heather in VA

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

I posted on the WTM FB page and asked about samples. They said they are hoping for samples "in the 2nd week of July - give or take a week'. 

• SusanC, peaceful isle, ScoutTN and 2 others like this

#16 peaceful isle

peaceful isle

mother of the blue eyed ones

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3351 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

I posted on the WTM FB page and asked about samples. They said they are hoping for samples "in the 2nd week of July - give or take a week'.

Awesome!!

#17 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4975 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

Did she share a publication date?

#18 mlktwins

mlktwins

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:45 AM

There is a thread on the General Education Board saying it is available for pre-order on Amazon.  Sorry!!!  I still can't link anything or I would post the link to the thread here. 

#19 aprilleigh

aprilleigh

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

The Amazon preorder went away, but SWB said even the publisher has no idea why that happened. It will be back, I'm sure. In the meantime, I added them to one of my private wish lists.

There's also an optional 4th book - seems to be a reference book with all the grammar rules. I haven't seen it, of course.