Menu

Lightning Lit 8 or Oak Meadow 8

Maryam

I went back and forth on this, too.  I finally ended up with OM8 for next year because my son had already read a few of the books in LL8.  So, the booklist was the deciding factor for us. 

I have OM in hand, but I haven't looked through it too closely to give much of a review. 

I ended up with both last year.  We used them both, sometimes she preferred the questions in the LL over the OM.  My view, OM included a lot of other stuff- including the Writing for 100 days, and grammar and writing stuff in Strunk and White.  The lit part was a list of vocab words to define, then some questions to discuss at the end of the book, and an essay to write.  LL had questions throught the book to answer, so it wasn't like you waited until the very end to just write one essay.  I guess my quesiton would be which do you want?  More focus on reading comp. and lit, or do you prefer fewer questions on the books, and just one essay at the end, but including other writing info.