What's with the ads?

#1 GeoKitty

GeoKitty

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Next year DD will be reading the literature that goes with Notgrass From Adam to Us. But I want to add more formal lit. Previously, she has done two MCT literature trilogies.
I do have MCT Time trilogy and Figuratively Speaking. Would that be enough? Lightning Lit won't work as she has read most of the books in their 7th and 8th grade sets. I like the looks of EIL (Essentials in Literature), and am considering it as well. Help, please? And thank you.

#2 GeoKitty

GeoKitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Anyone?

#3 Farrar

Farrar

Expert Cat Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21738 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

I don't know the other programs, but honestly I think plenty of books read (either in a program or across the curriculum) plus Figuratively Speaking is plenty for literature for middle school, so I'm sure it's enough.

• GeoKitty likes this

#4 SJ.

SJ.

One of *those* maniac parents...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2480 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

I bought this for literature study for my 7th grader: https://www.amazon.c...95205885&sr=1-7
  • GeoKitty likes this

#5 SilverMoon

SilverMoon

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8498 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

What you have sounds fine. My current graduate and rising senior just read good books and discussed them for middle school. We dabbled in Figuratively Speaking in 7th and/or 8th. They thrived in Great Books lit in high school. :001_smile:

• GeoKitty likes this

#6 GeoKitty

GeoKitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thank you so much!

I thought it could be enough, but there seems to be such an emphasis on literary analysis nowadays, that I got worried.