Menu

Homeschooling Torah?

Yeah, if it needed to be locked, I could accede to that. But I was so impressed with how Monique/SeaConquest respectfully and calmly explained why it was appropriative of her religion. That was some super informative stuff. And I was also impressed with how Hunter was modeling being a listener when you're on the other side, being told that what you're doing isn't respectful to the people you're taking from.

ETA: Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying that, Ethel Mertz.

Edited by Farrar
  • Like 7

Yeah, if it needed to be locked, I could accede to that. But I was so impressed with how Monique/SeaConquest respectfully and calmly explained why it was appropriative of her religion. That was some super informative stuff. And I was also impressed with how Hunter was modeling being a listener when you're on the other side, being told that what you're doing isn't respectful to the people you're taking from.

We posted at the same time. I temporarily hid it until SWB can weigh in.

Having lost my sense of right and wrong is ungrounding, but as times like this, I like it.

None of what we talked about matters or is real. No reaction to what we talked about matters or is real. Disappointment is impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess discussion about religious appropriation in homeschooling materials is not an approved topic. Duly noted, and disappointed.

No, turning a simple request for reviews of a curriculum into a personal rant is, I suspect, the problem.  If you wish to discuss your chosen topic, you can simply start a(nother) thread about it on the Chat Board.

No, turning a simple request for reviews of a curriculum into a personal rant is, I suspect, the problem.  If you wish to discuss your chosen topic, you can simply start a(nother) thread about it on the Chat Board.

A personal rant?

Nice. 

That conversation was completely appropriate and respectful, and I am deeply disappointed that we're supposed to just ignore the blatant appropriation of our sacred texts. 

• Like 6

I grow ever increasingly confused with the rules of modern mainstream society.

I'm not saying I think what I said and did was right. I have no idea what is and is not right about this stuff.

But it does seem inconsistent to my little pea-sized and overly literal brain. I don't understand the upset in context of what else I see go on.

I cannot really prevent another future massive rule break unless I just in general bring it down. Just talk less. Which I will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1