Menu

Accountability Thread: 5/14-5/20

I've been informed that it's Mother's Day today! So happy Mother's Day, all.

Today's plan.

I was going to write and nap. But it appears that I have one event with MIL and then eating over at Mom's later today. So it looks like I will be busy. I was supposed to take this week off and continue to relax and plan. However, it appears that tomorrow will be taken up with medical care for four abandoned puppies that need a few things done to get them in decent shape to find homes. Then I'm going to relax! I swear!

Today in education, I plan to order French, and think about what Shakespeare to study this summer. 

Typically our summer looks something like this:

Latin-four days a week MTWF

French-four days a week MTWF

Math-five days a week MTWRF

Arkansas State History-two days a week MW

Poetry-two to three days a week MWF

Shakespeare-two to three days a week TR

Science-some topical study two days a week TR

• Like 3

Happy Mother's Day ladies!! Please do relax, that's my plan for the day too. I really like the way your summer schedule looks, I'm going to borrow a bit of it if you don't mind. I'm excitedly waiting for our scheduled break in a few weeks. I've also stopped panicking, for now at least, about 9th grade next year. I'm thinking of doing world geography, instead of history, with world cultures. What do you guys think? Also, I think I may have a problem with LOF, lol, I can't stop buying them and only older Ds and I are reading them. I'm thinking younger Ds and I will read a few of them this summer as part of his summer math.

• Like 3

I have to go back to real life tomorrow!   My mom has been with us since the day William was born, but she flies out tonight. He will be 4 weeks old on Wednesday. I can't believe how fast it has gone! I am still mostly focused on survival & sleep, but I am planning a teeny bit of school for bonding and structure. I want to work through Math and Magic in Wonderland, plus 1-2 audio books and a read-aloud.

Today:

Clean up downstairs

Watch through the lesson suggestions for M&MiW

Choose books.

Not terribly ambitious :)

• Like 3

Today's schedule:

Chores

Some laundry

Some housekeeping

Writing

Maybe cooking

I am wore out. We are supposed to go play around at a river tomorrow, and I'm so tired I can't even find the enthusiasm for the day trip. Maybe I'll add nap to that list.

• Like 3

Critter please do add nap to that list, I'll be adding it to mine also, lol. How are the puppies by the way? Our schedule for today is

Dental appointment for sealants

Math bridge

Latin

Literature

Spanish

Music practice, hopefully

We desperately need to do some chores but I'm so tired already and the day hasn't even really started.

• Like 3

We did it! Got through the book choosing yesterday and actually followed the plan today. We just did half a chapter of Math and Magic, talked about palindromes, came up with some of our own, and then listened and narrated three 5 minute sessions of an Elizabeth Nesbit audio book. It was only about 40 minutes in all but just the right amount for what we needed today.

Kids played outside a bunch. Dinner is in the oven.

Plan is roughly the same for tomorrow, but I'd like the kids to do their TTRS as well. Second half of the Math & Magic chapter, continue talking about palindromes plus alliteration and possibly start the tangrams. Listen to more of The Magic World.

• Like 3

OK so we got nothing accomplished today :glare: .  We did math, went and looked at laptop, bought laptop, brought laptop home only to find out the speakers aren't working :cursing: .  Gonna take it back tomorrow, hoping they can fix it, but at least the CD rom drive works, which is why I bought it in the first place.  Now I'll be able to print stuff without displacing DH on the desktop.  Critter, I hope you're having a great time by the river.

• Like 3

We had a good riverside adventure and almost got stuck in one spot. The boys kayaked and hunted for fossils, and we came home with some good bivalves and something that looks a little bit like a funny barnacle. I'll have to look that one up in the fossil book.

• Like 3

That sounds awesome Critter :)

We did pretty good with school again. The day was mostly like yesterday -- no TTRS, which I will try again on tomorrow. The house is basically clean. Dinner in the oven.

Tomorrow, working on the end of chapter questions in Math&Magic. Hopefully finishing listening/narrating ch. 3 of The Magic World although it might last through Friday which would be fine.

• Like 3

Today's schedule

get some work done  before I peter out from lack of sleep, i'm hoping to get to

math

music practice

spelling

latin

spanish should be strengthening a section so he should be able to do it on his own

sweeping up the kitchen

celebrating DH's birthday!!

it appears that the battery on my laptop sucks!  I charged it last nigh before going to church and then we used it for about an hour when we got home.  I didn't turn it off but closed the lid and it went into sleep mode and when I got up this morning, the battery was drained.  Tonight, i'll try turning it off completely and see if that'll help preserve the battery some, if not, we'll just use it plugged in.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 3

Checking back in. Some school is being done daily. One subject (logic) is done for the year. I'm super behind in grading. And Dd isn't always getting to everything. But we're limping along the best we can.

Dd has an appointment with another cardiologist next week. It is hard to see my athletic girl who was doing well running half marathons, our of breath for ten minutes after a 15 minute walk. I'm hoping that the new cardiologist will be better at communicating and will help her.

Also- MIL has been in the hospital since Sunday. That's mostly on Dh, but it has thrown a monkey wrench into our schedule as well. Not that it can be helped. That's just life.

Ds is working super hard in college. I'm alternately proud of him and worried that he will make himself sick. He's running into the problem that he understands the material really well but doesn't seem to do well on tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good morning all!  Got the speakers fixed, yay!  Took Dh to dinner to celebrate his day and had a great time yesterday, today I have an appointment, thank goodness it's later in the afternoon so we can get our lessons done.  Our schedule for today is

library trip (may have to wait until tomorrow)

math

latin

spanish (didn't happen yesterday)

music practice

lots of time on mom's laptop playing Minecraft and World of Tanks, lol

Jean, i'm praying that the new cardiologist is able to help, and that your ds doesn't get sick from overwork.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 2

Yesterday didn't quite go to plan. Dd pitched a fit over having points and a score in M&M. I should have been more careful as I knew it would be an issue. I tried to gently mention the concept in a relaxed fashion but I failed so we put it aside. I I don't know how I am going to handle it yet because my two ds's would like the points aspect. Doing things together is hard, doing things separately is hard. Gah.  Anyway. She ended up sulking for most of the day while she built a board game following directions from a highlights magazine and ds9 (yay he's 9 now!) read over 100 pages in his Rick Riorden books, putting his page count for the week over 700. I'm pretty blown away by that and very happy he's finally really taken off reading. Not a waste of a day I guess. 

Today is not going super well on the school front either. The kids started playing with the duplo's with the toddler as soon as they woke up and managed to be self-directed and peaceful all morning so I decided not to mess that up. 

• Like 3