Menu

20 Medals for Mothers of Kids with Special Needs

I've been so floored by the moms here, your dedication, determination, perseverance and love, and generosity in sharing experiences and helping others deal with challenges...You are extraordinary people. Happy Mother's Day.

http://www.friendshipcircle.org/blog/2017/05/12/medals-for-mothers-of-children-with-special-needs/?utm_source=Friendship+Circle+Blog&utm_campaign=49b1566622-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3ec270b4ae-49b1566622-199142377&mc_cid=49b1566622&mc_eid=98900135f2

• Like 8

Ok, I was hesitant to click, because I'm so not up for anything sappy or sweet about how hard we work and this and that. (a little too in the trenches, honestly). But THAT is really stinking funny!! Like a few of those are way too close to home!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I would like to nominate myself for 3rd place with Marathon Driving. I know people who drive farther. (Storygirl, etc.). Considering where I am right now and that I haven't said ANYTHING I really, really think to the people on the IEP team, nor have I tried out my new BOXING techniques on them and decked a few of them the way I sorta WANT to occasionally, I think I'd like to apply for Heroic Restraint in IEP Battle.

Oh dear, World-Class Worrier. I'm afraid I may be in the running for that!   :hurray:  Most Nights with No Sleep, maybe try me for 4th place? I mean, my kid does sleep, but somehow I forget to because I'm up making curriculum or plans or researching...

Please, yes, throw me the Honorary Medical Degree. I don't deserve it, but I sure could USE it!  :lol:  And yes, Most Overwhelmed, somewhere in the top 10.

So yes, those are way funny! Good find!   :thumbup:

• Like 6

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marathon driving! Yes, I've got that covered. Two hours a day at the very least. Sometimes four.

And restraint when a child repeats the same thing five million times. Oh, my goodness. Inevitably, though, I reach a breaking point. Sometimes DS will say, "Why aren't you answering me?" It's because the answer is the same as the other 499,999,999 times we've discussed this today. Sigh.

• Like 1