Menu

Build Your Own Bundle Sale 2017

scrapbookbuzz

Can I just say I'm so stinkin' excited about this?

I've known about it for a few years but last year was the first year I actually took advantage of it.

I think I bought two pre-packaged bundles plus the Mystery Bundle.

True, all the curriculum is .pdf format. And while printing it off for yourself may seem cost prohibitive, there are

ways to make it not:

*print off ONLY what you need WHEN you need it

*you can store the curriculum to Google Docs, Word, iBooks, etc

and just use it that way 

*also if you have an OfficeMax Perks Reward card (it's free), about 3 or 4 times a year, they send out

a 25% off all printing coupon. Boy, does that save a ton! 

*I've also read recently that a printer that uses a toner cartridge (laser, instead of inkjet, I think), actually saves

money on printing in the longrun

One of my favorite purchases from last year was "Mapping the World Through Art". It is literally the ENTIRE curriculum and

it came in a bundle with about 19 other curricula, I think, for around $25, if I remember correctly. It's very easy to use and great accompaniment to history and geography lessons.

I'll be setting aside some money from my farmers market gig over the next two weeks so I can take advantage of this again.

Just thought some of you might like to know.

Starts May 22. And for those of you, like me, that get distracted in the 15 seconds it takes to go to Google and look it up, I'll just give you a link here to get you there.  :D

https://www.buildyourbundle.net/?ref=1ep

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

displace, it's an annual sale where lots of curriculums and bits are sold in bundles. Each year has different stuff and different bundles though for the years I've seen there is usually ones for particularly grade groups / subjects / usually a parent/home making one / sometimes there are ones like a Charlotte Mason bundle and so on as well as a make your own bundle options. It's good for getting some popular things cheap but also a good way to fill ones hard drive with lots of PDFs one then forgets about  :lol:

• Like 6

displace, it's an annual sale where lots of curriculums and bits are sold in bundles. Each year has different stuff and different bundles though for the years I've seen there is usually ones for particularly grade groups / subjects / usually a parent/home making one / sometimes there are ones like a Charlotte Mason bundle and so on as well as a make your own bundle options. It's good for getting some popular things cheap but also a good way to fill ones hard drive with lots of PDFs one then forgets about :lol:

So this website sells curriculum from different companies? Are the curriculum listed? I may look into it but I rarely need more curriculum in my life. Though I love it.

Edited by displace
  • Like 1

So this website sells curriculum from different companies? Are the curriculum listed? I may look into it but I rarely need more curriculum in my life life. Though I love it.

They keep everything secret until the sale. They've being keeping it more hush hush this year than last. On Monday, you will be able to see everything listed.

I kind of dislike the buildup. Last year I got excited and then there really wasnt anything I wanted so I found it disappointing. It was like being told there are cookies and it turns out theyre oatmeal.

That being said, I'm still waiting for Monday.

Edited by MaeFlowers
  • Like 3

Also, know that they usually throw some extra discount in for the last day or two of the sale. It actually pays to hold off, if I remember correctly.

Last year was a dud for me, too. I couldn't find a bundle that had anything that was worth getting for the price. Disappointing.

• Like 1

It starts TOMORROW! I'm actually quite excited.  I'm sorry that it didn't work out for a couple of you last year.

It was my first year to be able to participate and I got some great finds! One was Mapping Your World with Art

which is a fabulous art/geography combo curriculum and it was the WHOLE curriculum. You can also buy a DVD accompaniment

that wasn't included with the purchase but I didn't find I needed it.

Along with a few other things. 

As for the end of sale further discount, they did NOT offer that last year. I remember people saying last year that it had happened before but last

year it did not. Just so ya know.

Anyway, it starts at 8am EST tomorrow, which is 5am my time. I may be up anyway just so I can finally find out what's offered!

Has anyone purchased the Mystery Bundle yet? Wondering what's in it and if anyone wants to reveal the contents (someone did last year and I ended up ordering it, too).

I was literally just thinking the same thing a minute ago!

I may order it "sight unseen" because they specifically state that what's included in it this year

won't be in ANY of the other bundles. For $9.95, I think it's worth it!

I was literally just thinking the same thing a minute ago!

I may order it "sight unseen" because they specifically state that what's included in it this year

won't be in ANY of the other bundles. For $9.95, I think it's worth it!

Let us know if you do. :)

• Like 2

This is the first year I'm not terribly excited about anything. I'll do a BYB of the few things that I would possibly use, but I found most to be rather blah, especially the upper level bundles. The Ellen McHenry bundle is great for anyone who wants all of her stuff, but we already have them.

• Like 4

I'm excited about the Ellen McHenry bundle. I also want to try Wayfarers and The Fun Spanish but am not particularly interested in the rest of the stuff in the Charlotte Mason bundle; I may do a build your bundle for those.

• Like 2

There's always one thing in the premium pricing that I want & everything else is in the basic.  Now I have to go through the mental gyrations & several pieces of scratch paper to decide what is the best configuration of purchases.  :)  The struggle is real.

Amber in SJ

• Like 5

I didn't find anything I couldn't live without. I might go back and build my own but I haven't decided yet.

I wish that you could choose the era for history, etc. I would consider buying Wayfarers, for example, had we not covered the Middle Ages this year.

• Like 1

This is the first year I'm not terribly excited about anything. I'll do a BYB of the few things that I would possibly use, but I found most to be rather blah, especially the upper level bundles. The Ellen McHenry bundle is great for anyone who wants all of her stuff, but we already have them.

Yeah, Ellen McHenry was the only bundle that looked interesting to me. I already have a physical copy of The Brain, and I got Carbon Chemistry as a PDF freebie from homeschool giveaways but that was on my laptop that died, so I can't access it, so, anyway, overall I decided it was still worth it to get the bundle. 

• Like 1

I finally went through and glanced through all of the bundles. Whew! That took awhile!

BUT it helped me flesh out the bundles that I absolutely.did.not want. 

Therefore, I have narrowed it down to FIVE. I now need to WALK AWAY from the computer to do other 

things while my brain sorts those five down into my actual budget.

I'll let you know what happens!

• Like 1

I have thinking about this all day. I am planning a Middle Ages year next year, so the Charlotte Mason looked good to me. But I have been planning on buying the School House Teachers online membership and doing geometry (Mr. D's) from that for next year. That would cover math for 10th grader, plus it has Truthquest middle ages (don't know what that is really yet, but I can use it if I want,) plus there are all kinds of art programs and logic and preschool plans and things I can choose from on there, plus their planners to print and other things. 

Well, they have a family membership listed in the Online Classes and Memberships section of the sale for $89.50. I am going to use my emailed $5 off coupon for that. Then that page says if you buy from the Online Classes and Memberships page that you will get a $5 coupon for any bundle, so I could then apply that to the mystery bundle if it is any good... Somebody please tell us what it is. :) 

I wish I knew what Ellen McHenry is all about since people really like it. But my dds pretty much take science at co-op with a textbook, and aren't willing to give that up. So unless it is just supplemental and even if probably it won't get used.  So I can't pay for it just to look at it. 

Ellen McHenry has lots of samples on her website if anyone wants to take a look to see what all the fuss is about :)

Someone has to buy the mystery bundle & tell us all about it.....

The description says Elementary, Middle School & High School resources, and I only have Middle School & High School left so I can't bring myself to jump in without knowing how much would not apply.

Amber in SJ

Went to make my purchase today and my coupon wouldn't work. :-\

Waiting till tomorrow when, hopefully, customer service will get back to me on how to fix that.

From the words on the coupn, I think it only applies to Build Your Own Bundles -- not all bundles

From the words on the coupn, I think it only applies to Build Your Own Bundles -- not all bundles

Yes unfortunately

I bit

Mystery bundle has

Grade 1 spelling

World maps notebooking

Us presidents study

Writing and publishing bundle

Cooking up history

Zany zoo adventures in writing

Peppers audio book

English encoder decoder

High school math word problems

Hands on maths activities

HIS story of the 20th century

Teaching astronomy through art

Hope I'm not doing anything bad by posting it here

• Like 7

Yes unfortunately

I bit

Mystery bundle has

Grade 1 spelling

World maps notebooking

Us presidents study

Cooking up history

Peppers audio book

English encoder decoder

I hope you aren't doing anything bad either...and can I ask, is "cooking up history" recipes to go along with history?  Hands on math for what age?  

Edited by craftymama

I'm not super familiar with them but the zany zoo writing looks like something my miss 8 will love and we will probably use the astronomy at some stage.

It was cooking up history with us presidents but I can't open either that or the hands on math on my phone so I can't tell you more right now. Will let you know when I can.

The English encoder decider is a detailed list of phonics and spelling rules - like super detailed. I think it will be far too dry for my kids but may be helpful for me in teaching.

Ok I did manage to open the cooking up history one. It's actually with founding presidents. It's basically a history lesson on each one with some crafty type activities and then a recipe for each presidents favourite food. It's probably not hugely helpful for me as we aren't in the US so won't spend that long on US history but wouldn't be too bad if you are from the US I guess.

• Like 1

The hands on maths has instructions for maths games and living math activities over all ages really. Some are relevant for the younger ages and some for upper grades. It is more of a how to than a curriculum. It would be most useful if you are starting out and haven't done a lot of living math yet.

• Like 1

Ok I did manage to open the cooking up history one. It's actually with founding presidents. It's basically a history lesson on each one with some crafty type activities and then a recipe for each presidents favourite food. It's probably not hugely helpful for me as we aren't in the US so won't spend that long on US history but wouldn't be too bad if you are from the US I guess.

Thank you!  I have a kid who loves to tie food to anything so this will be a way to add a little fun.  

Yes unfortunately

I bit

Mystery bundle has

Grade 1 spelling

World maps notebooking

Us presidents study

Cooking up history

Peppers audio book

English encoder decoder

Could I pester you for a bit more info on a couple of these?

Is the writing and publishing bundle geared toward kids, or is it for adults' writing and publishing their own curriculum and whatnot?

Is the His Story of the 20th Century the textbook only or does it also include the workbook?

FYI I did a Google search on the Zany Zoo Adventures in Writing and the intoxicatedonlife.com PDF was a free download if the same title. It looks cute.

Huh.  That's not how I read it, but it could really be taken either way.  "it will take $5.00 off ANY Build Your OWN Bundle purchase."  The capitalization of own makes it sounds like it's only for build your owns while it saying any and purchase could make it mean anything bought from the site.  That's really not clear.

• Like 1

Is the writing and publishing bundle geared toward kids, or is it for adults' writing and publishing their own curriculum and whatnot?

Is the His Story of the 20th Century the textbook only or does it also include the workbook?

I think the writing book is more for adults, but would be easy enough for teens and older kids to use. 

His Story of the 20th Century is just the textbook.