Menu

How important is paper mail during hs senior year (application process)?

rbk mama

We had been planning an international move this summer, before DS's senior year.  Now it is uncertain because one of our parents has a cancer diagnosis with "months to live."  As it is I was curious about paper mail reaching us where we would be in Asia.  Now I'm wondering about the possibility of moving in the middle of the application process (Fall or early Winter 2018).  How much of the application process relies on paper mail?  Would it be OK if we moved in the midst of applications?  (And its probably obvious but we're in a crazy complicated difficult situation, and this feels like an insignificant question, but thought I'd ask it anyway.)

None of the application process relied on paper mail for either of my kids. There were packets sent after acceptance, but I don't think there was any information in them that wasn't available somewhere else. They received their acceptance via email before snail mail. Their scholarship notifications came both ways, but again, email was first. With my first I mailed physical transcripts, but I ended up resending via email for one school that lost the physical transcript, so with dd I just talked to admin reps at each school and got the proper email address to send the transcripts from the start. The school are stored them electronically and preferred getting them that way.

• Like 1