Menu

Where do you get your pet meds?

lgliser

From the vet.

I'm a very long term (decades long) client and they are *very* good about showing their appreciation for that. The price difference in what I pay them and what I could get the meds for online isn't significant to me, so I'd rather the vet group that treats me so well make a little profit. Plus if our pets ever have any issue at all they'll take the unused product back and refund my money.

• Like 1

I used to order everything online from PetCareRx or Foster and Smith. However, a new vet took over the practice we use a while ago and is now competitively priced, so I now buy Heartguard directly from the vet. She's within a couple of dollars of the online price and if I forget to order it's not emergent this way, and I don't have to worry about faxing a prescription or anything. 

I've started buying Frontline from Chewy.com as they offer a discount for subscribed/auto-ship orders and thanks to that, they are cheaper than the vet. We have three large dogs and two cats to buy for so you can imagine what that bill amounts to........

I'm moving all of my dog and cat's meds to Costco. Turns out, their pharmacy handles it and gives a reduced price.

Also, fyi: there's a dog flea/tick collar that you can only get at the vet. The company is called Senestro and the collar is not your typical not-great flea collar. We're on our third one: they supposedly last 8 mo. The last one only lasted 6 mo and then my dog started scratching, but for 6 mo. everything was perfect.

They're about $70 for a collar, but they used to give a $10 rebate.

Alley

From the vet.

I'm a very long term (decades long) client and they are *very* good about showing their appreciation for that. The price difference in what I pay them and what I could get the meds for online isn't significant to me, so I'd rather the vet group that treats me so well make a little profit. Plus if our pets ever have any issue at all they'll take the unused product back and refund my money.

This, exactly.

• Like 1