Menu

My father's world high school question

Hi

This is a question for MFW high school users. Would it be possible to jump into MFW high school at the American History level (11th) for my 15 years boy? We are finishing Reformation time period, which is his 9th grade year. I don't want to do MFW 10th grade program since it's too he same thing we've done this year. Is it possible to be successful jumping in the late? My other option is Sonlight.

Thanks for any feedback

Pam

I've done mfw high school with 2 of mine.  one advanced learner and one slow to average learner. both did them in order.

In my opinion it would depend on factors other than "history cycle".   mfw's us1 (11th grade american history/literature) is not going to have the same kind of writing instruction that is part of the 9th and 10th grade years.   You'd be given assignments in the American Lit Supplement but not necessarily instruction on how to write an essay and all of that.  If you have an advanced writing skill student it may not be a big problem.  Also, depending on how much world history from reformation to modern is important to you, you may want to have a summer reading time with something like history of world encyclopedias in the whl program. or similar thing.

Also, mfw does American history credit over 2 years.  one semester is earned in US 1 and the other semester is earned in US 2.  Gov't semester is placed in US1. and econ in US2.  That kind of stuff may come into your plans and needs to be considered.

I don't want to say it couldn't be done because with right work lots of things work out fine. seems like a non answer.  sorry about that. It's more food for thought feedback rather than a direct yes/no

• Like 1