Menu

nespresso?

ktgrok

I've become addicted to Starbuck's iced americanos. Like, seriously love them (I hate Starbucks brewed coffee though). I am on limited dairy right now, so a splash of cream/half and half in the Americano works for me instead of all the milk in a Latte, plus I like that it isn't as heavy feeling. And it's a million degrees here in Florida already, so iced is where it is at. 

I do like to make cold brew at home, but it isn't the same. Would a Nespresso be good for my needs? I do intend to eventually do dairy again, so lattes are in my future as well. But mostly want an Americano that I can make with one hand while holding a screaming infant. 

My husband, whose preferred coffee drink is an Americano, LOVES our Nespresso.  Seriously, he takes it on vacations with him. Single best Christmas gift I ever gave.  I don't love espressos myself, but a decaf double lungo with a half tablespoon of condensed milk works for me.  We have a Pixie; small footprint, looks great, easy to use. 

Just last night we watched the Suit Warehouse episode of The Office, which has the office drinking Nespresso drinks and declaring "We all drink them all!" -- our favorite episode ever!  There are plenty of flavors to choose from.  Nespresso ships FAST from online orders, and offers a recycling program for the pods.  The espressos are quite small in volume, but you probably already have a handle on that.  It's easy to program to whatever size you want if you prefer a larger, more dilute drink. 

Edited by Kebo