Menu

Help me think through JAG to AG transition

So my plan was to complete Fix-It and *then* do JAG. Ha. We are so burned out.  I am now thinking of just finishing JAG through the end of lesson 5, and then complete Lesson 6-12 prior to starting Analytical Grammar. This will throw off the three year schedule they suggest so that we will end up starting year two doing Activities 12-18 in the Reinforcement and Review book, and then starting Season 2. 

Does this sound crazy? If it does, do you have suggestions? Another option is to do JAG as summer school, but I think we need to take at least a month break before continuing to do JAG because we are all toast over here.

ETA: We are not burned out on grammar specifically.  We are burned out in general. We need to take a break from school in general.  So I am trying to see if I can shift those last six lessons to the fall without majorly messing us up.

Edited by cintinative

Why are you in a rush to do AG?

We just did JAG in 5th grade, took off a year, and then started AG and kiddo still finds it pretty simple.

Emily

I was thinking the same thing. How old are your kids? It is probably not a good thing to go into AG already Grammar'd out! Actually season one isn't bad and will be much easier after having completed AG Jr. But season two, though! I would recommend finishing AG Jr. and then taking some time off before beginning AG. But, I don't know your kids or your situation.

My kids will be rising 5th and rising 6th. We have completed four levels of FLL plus a year of Fix-It. I am not concerned about it being too hard. We are just "done" for the year. We all need a break from school in general. I want to call it quits on grammar until the fall. That was why I was asking about finishing JAG before starting AG in the fall.  Just delaying everything by that many weeks.

Edited by cintinative

You sound really fried. April is nearly over. Just shelve grammar right now, hun. I give you permission. Just shelve it wherever you're at. :001_smile:  In the fall pick it back up wherever you left off and move forward from there.

• Like 2

Put the grammar away until August.   You'll be fine.   Pick up where you left off, and don't worry about making a plan until shortly before you are ready to begin again.   

We do AG in two years, 7th & 8th grades.   It's very flexible.   We schedule Season 1 in 7th grade, but only 3 days per week, because my kids have an outside math class on Wednesdays and co-op on Fridays.   Then we do the Review & Reinforcement lessons, one per week instead of one every two weeks, for the rest of 7th grade.   Then in 8th grade we do Seasons 2 and 3 (I forgot if I scheduled it 3 or 4 days per week), with no Review & Reinforcement.    It works out great for us this way.

You could actually schedule AG for one year by doing Seasons 1-3 consecutively.   You really have lots of different options.   Make it work for you!

• Like 1

You sound really fried. April is nearly over. Just shelve grammar right now, hun. I give you permission. Just shelve it wherever you're at. :001_smile:  In the fall pick it back up wherever you left off and move forward from there.

Thanks! Yes, I am so awful about box checking I was hoping to get the green light to delay this. =)