Menu

Zzzzz! Teachers Lounge 4-27-2017

scrapbookbuzz

The reason for the "Zzzzz" is because, as I was typing in the topic, I at first just typed the date and then though, "That's not quite right . . . " Obviously, I'm not quite awake yet!

Welcome to the Lounge! Some yummy fruit available today: bananas and tangelos. Plus an assorted variety of chips. Help yourself!

What kind of snack food/munchies are stocked in your kitchen today? Here: aside from the afore-mentioned foods, we also have some multi-grain crackers. I could also make some gluten-free muffins, if you'd like. Or gf Belgian waffles. Yumm!

Do you live today in or near the place you were born or grew up? Here: nope. Grew up in Illinois and now live in Arizona.

I know it's early yet but do you have plans for Memorial Day weekend? Here: I will most likely be working. DH is thinking about going camping, which I think he should! DS may go with him. Not sure about DD.

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 2

I need to catch some ZZZZZs this afternoon. I'm so tired as I didn't sleep well at all last night. 

Food stocked in the fridge: Lots of veggies and hummus. I also just made lentil and veggie soup for lunch.

I live pretty far from my birth place (Alberta), now Ontario. 

Memorial Day weekend is usually the same long weekend as our Victoria Day, but this year it's a week later. Our May long weekend is the traditional planting the garden time. Yes, we have to wait until the end of May to plant or risk the plants freezing. There is still snow in Alberta right now. Canada is truly the Great White North.  :laugh:

• Like 4

Good morning!

Chili lime almonds here and some excellent Havarti cheese. And fresh bagels for thise who are not gf.

I was born in OH, so I'm about 5 hrs away from my hometown, but I've lived in 5 other states too. Very happy here and hope never to move away.

Memorial day weekend? Pool for sure. Possibly grilling out with neighbors or family.

• Like 4

For kids there are Honey Graham crackers to snack on, banana's, apples and tangerines.

I do live near where I was born.  

I totally forgot about Memorial Day this year.  I'm leaving June 1 to go visit Dh family for almost a month so we will be packing like crazy.

It's weird, but when I was a kid we didn't have off Memorial day.  I remember I was in college the first time it was a public holiday.

These days we typically grill out or BBQ with family and friends.

• Like 3

Munchies: Chips, Kind bars, Lara bars.

Live Near Where Grew Up: Nope.  I was born and raised in southern Maryland and now I live in San Antonio Texas.  When we moved to TX, we moved from the house I grew up in.  My grandparents built it the year before my mom was born and now my parents are selling it.  https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/4379-Doctor-Samuel-Mudd-Rd,-Waldorf,-MD-20601_rb/

Memorial Day Weekend Plans: Absolutely no clue...

• Like 1

Snacks available here are peanuts, apples, and salt/vinegar Pringles. 

I live 180 miles from where I grew up. It would only be about 3 hours if Atlanta traffic wasn't always an issue with going up there. 

We don't have Memorial Day plans yet. We normally don't do anything special. Dh is off that day, but he'll have 3 waste of time days,  hmm, clears throat, I mean post-planning days after it. 

We've got red grapes, some sort of nut roll, cheeseburger chips, apples, little key lime yogurt cups, celery sticks, etc (I just got back from the store).

3772 miles from where I grew up, but only 3726 miles from where I was born (as the crow doesn't fly - or, at least, I *think* crows don't fly across the Atlantic).

I'm thinking Memorial Day weekend is going to be filled with last minute moving things (packing, cleaning, etc).

• Like 3

We've got red grapes, some sort of nut roll, cheeseburger chips, apples, little key lime yogurt cups, celery sticks, etc (I just got back from the store).

3772 miles from where I grew up, but only 3726 miles from where I was born (as the crow doesn't fly - or, at least, I *think* crows don't fly across the Atlantic).

I'm thinking Memorial Day weekend is going to be filled with last minute moving things (packing, cleaning, etc).

You made me look it up.  I said 3000 miles but it is really 4779 miles from where I was born.  And 4609 miles from where I grew up - though I would have to go there on an albatross because no airplane goes there directly from here. 

• Like 4

The kids are 1179 and 1155 miles from where they were born (and roughly that amount from where they spent their first years), and my wife is 1474 miles from where she was born and spent most of her childhood.

The weather today is so much better than yesterday - yesterday was all rainy, whereas today is nice, so I think we'll hit the playground soon. 

• Like 1

Snacks--just went and got some last night.  Nut Thins (GF) with Laughing Cow cheese and apples. 

I am from Orlando, FL but grew up in a variety of places being a military brat.  My family is still in Orlando but I moved away after I got married. 

Memorial Day plans--I haven't even thought about it!!!  I'm glad you brought that up!

Snacks: Almonds, pepper jack cheese, and Kind bars

I live about 20 miles away from where I grew up (dh, too). We have lived in a few different areas of the U.S., but moved back here to raise our kids.

Memorial Day weekend, we'll be celebrating dd's birthday.  :party:

• Like 1

Snacks:  Not much, I'm afraid (or, at least, nothing I want.)  We have apples, bananas, yogurt, kefir, babybel cheeses and cashews.  But I am jonesing for something salty.  I want chips or crackers.  I have a nasty cold so I am not having any dairy.

I live about 16 miles from where I was born and where I grew up.  Suburbs of Chicago.

Memorial Day plans?  Well, I'm having a hard time imagining being able to walk more than 10 feet, but I supposed my cold will be gone by then :laugh: .  Dd and I have a rock climbing trip planned to Red River Gorge in Kentucky.  About 5 families are renting a cabin.  It will be cozy. 

As I was out on an errand with DD, I realized that I'm not feeling that great. Foggy head and hardly any energy.

Ugh. I do NOT have time for this!

Sounds like we are in the same boat.   I had a full day packed and had to bail on most of it.  Dh is at the store getting me some chicken soup (and salty snacks to keep me drinking enough.)  Kicking myself for not having made some a few days ago. 

• Like 1

Well, about an hour and a half ago, my brain actually kicked into gear and I was able to help the kids

put their Tech Week bags together. Each semester, I purchase specific snacks and drinks to help them 

have sustained energy and ward off any nasty germies. We then put some of each into a Ziploc bag for each day.

That way we're not stopping for junk food on the way to or from dress rehearsal. I was also able to help the kids with

their English composition revisions. I told my son, while I was helping him, that I wanted to help him NOW because I figured in

about 15 minutes or so my brain would check out again. I wasn't too far off! But, hey, we got SOME school work in!

Now, I'm going to indulge in the last 10 minutes of one Netflix show, before I watch one more. After that I'll hopefully have enough

energy to make dinner. Thankfully, I already know what that is!

Captain Crunch and Vanilla ice cream for junk food, lots of fruit, nuts, and cheese for healthier fare.

We do live currently near my childhood home in order to be near aging relatives, however, due to likely changes in dh's employment contract in the next two years will have to move. We do not like it here so in that way, it is a win. But neither elderly widowed mom can afford to move, so that is troubling.

We are flying rockets Memorial Weekend and laying around the beach as well. Skipping church and going out of town to do it.

• Like 1

The reason for the "Zzzzz" is because, as I was typing in the topic, I at first just typed the date and then though, "That's not quite right . . . " Obviously, I'm not quite awake yet!

Welcome to the Lounge! Some yummy fruit available today: bananas and tangelos. Plus an assorted variety of chips. Help yourself!

What kind of snack food/munchies are stocked in your kitchen today? Here: aside from the afore-mentioned foods, we also have some multi-grain crackers. I could also make some gluten-free muffins, if you'd like. Or gf Belgian waffles. Yumm!

Do you live today in or near the place you were born or grew up? Here: nope. Grew up in Illinois and now live in Arizona.

I know it's early yet but do you have plans for Memorial Day weekend? Here: I will most likely be working. DH is thinking about going camping, which I think he should! DS may go with him. Not sure about DD.

Talk to me! :bigear:

so is this for today or tomorrow because I missed the bus for today, as usual. 

I ate an apple at work today. I don't usually get my meals at the right times since I'm part time and can only take one short break per day. You'd think I'd be losing weight.

What kind of snack food/munchies are stocked in my kitchen today? Peppermint patties, carrots, apples, sunflower seeds, figs, popcorn, rice cakes and peanut butter.

Do I live today in or near the place I was born or grew up? No, far from it. It is weird being here, but we feel like we belong here, but I miss the east coast, the way it looks and feels. But after living here a few years, it felt smallish in the east. I'm in Texas.

Do I have plans for Memorial Day weekend? Oh crud. That's only a month away. I'm glad I will have a 2 day weekend off, so I guess that means not much planned yet. Our big ol' anniversary is in there somewhere that week. I think I will work on planning...can I get back to ya on that? What I love: cookouts, parades, family, fireworks, not much travel, sunny skies, school almost out.