Menu

List AA on transcript?

Congrats on your student's double achievement -- high school graduation AND a simultaneous AA degree! :)

You might put it with any test scores. So, a section on the transcript, with headings for each type of achievement:

Degrees/Certificates Earned

AA, Associate of Arts in __________, earned May 2017, XYZ School

Test Scores

29 = ACT score, October 2016

4 = AP Environmental Science score, May 2015

50 = English, SAT Subject Test, May 2015

I would also include it in the college application -- there is often a place for that. And most of all, you need to make sure your student has an official transcript from the school awarding the AA degree sent to each college that the student is applying to.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 2

Thanks, Lori. I think we will leave it off. I was just wondering if others put it on their high school transcript, before deciding ourselves which way to go. 

We would have to add an anticipated date as she won't have it yet when we mail out the application transcripts and it doesn't really have anything to do with the high school side of things.

Hopefully, she can mention it somewhere else on the applications. Or maybe it will have an anticipated date on the college transcript itself.

I did put it on as the initials of the school (legend for that at bottom of the transcript,) course number, course name (shortened,) and grade. A one semester college course is worth 1 high school credit (as I was told by the admissions office at Colorado State University.)

Example:

SSCC/ENG 101 English Comp I A 1.0 ( this isn't showing up with spaces between the course, grade, and credit when I post this on here)

SSCC=Such and Such Comminity College

Thanks, Fifiruth. I will definitely be listing the individual college classes on her high school transcript, as she needs the credits in order to graduate. I just wasn't sure whether or not to mention her receiving her Associate degree somewhere on the transcript. I think I'm going to leave that off, as it doesn't really have anything to do with high school credits or high school graduation.

• Like 1