Menu

Panama City, FL for a week vacation with youngerish kids....free or cheap

PentecostalMom

You should try to get to the Panama canal. One of my favorite childhood memories was watching a ship go through the locks.

Yes. When I saw the thread title, I wondered if it referred to FL or to our neighboring country to the North.  We have only been on flights that landed and departed from Tocumen Airport in Panama City, Panama, but we got a glimpse of the canal and if someday we can take a tour of it, we will.

My belief is that Panama City, FL and that area of the FL Panhandle has some of the best beaches in the USA.

Gulf World is not cheap, but it will keep you busy an entire day. We always enjoy our visits. I don't know the ages of your kids, but 4 and under are free. Obviously the beach is a must. I will keep thinking. My in laws live there so we have visited many times.

Eta: Gulf World is currently offering a Groupon!

Edited by TrulySusan
  • Like 1

If you have a science museum pass there is a small, okay, science center. We only go to st Andrews or st George for a couple of days a year. Not much else to do. When we visit fil, dd and I usually just walk along the beach of the bay across from fil.