Menu

First PA Get-Together folks - remember this guy?

creekland

Just thought I'd add a pic showing the current "view" of middle son (if y'all remember him from the first get together).

3ed0cb31-f264-4537-bafc-a8be3b01dd1d.jpg

Homeschoolers can do wonderful things - even socially!  I love this photo... and it was shared by others via FB, so I'm not too worried about putting it on here too.  It's ok if I "out" him as a previous homeschooler!  (Out of an undergraduate campus of 6300+, literally, fewer than 18 won individual awards of various sorts.)

• Like 37

I remember him!  When I talk about you to the kids (and I do), I say, "Remember the guy who played ping pong with you?  Yeah, Creekland is his mother."  

He was so kind to play ping pong with a bunch of kids.  They really liked him.

• Like 2

I remember him! When I talk about you to the kids (and I do), I say, "Remember the guy who played ping pong with you? Yeah, Creekland is his mother."

He was so kind to play ping pong with a bunch of kids. They really liked him.

Mine liked him a lot as well. Congrats, Creekland's Son!

• Like 1

I remember him!  When I talk about you to the kids (and I do), I say, "Remember the guy who played ping pong with you?  Yeah, Creekland is his mother."  

He was so kind to play ping pong with a bunch of kids.  They really liked him.

He enjoyed it too.  He had asked me if he could come along.  Of course I told him yes, but I also warned him that it might be boring since it'd just be a bunch of homeschool mamas sitting around talking and various younger kids with them.  He still wanted to come - and he told me afterward that he thoroughly enjoyed it, both playing with the kids and talking with Boardies.  He was disappointed he wasn't here for our second one.

That's awesome, creekland. He's a good one :)

:iagree: , but I might be a little bit biased.  It's always nice when other people think so too - esp when there's such competition and he's still the "chosen" one.  Last year (his official senior year academically) he won one of the dozen academic awards.  That was neat too as there was also competition for that award, but this one... this one is based upon literally everyone thinking he's a good guy at his job - both admin and students.  It's those skills that are super special.  I'm glad he has them.  I'd take credit, but TBH, those skills are difficult to teach.  They're mainly part of who he is.  

It's also why I (and many others) think he'd make an awesome doctor if given the chance.  Combine high intelligence (that got him last year's award) and bedside manners (this year's) and it seems to me it'd be a win-win.

• Like 4

I think I remember him - not from the get together in PA ;) but is he the same son for whom you needed to get a suit for his interview at medical college?

Congratulations on raising such an outstanding young man! I hope you have a couple more sons because we need more men like this in the next generation!!

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 1

After having the pleasure of meeting your son, I am not the least bit surprised by his award.

Congratulations to you all!

Btw, was this why you were shopping for a business formal outfit? What did you wear? Did you go shopping with Garga? Picture, please!

Yes, this is what I was shopping for and I ended up with a black suit (slacks, jacket) with a blue flowery (sort of) shirt underneath.  Shopping ended up being a quick "MUST GO TODAY" deal due to FIL's unexpected medical needs, so I ended up going out by myself at first, striking out (no suits in my size where I first looked), then going out with hubby in a different direction after he finished work.  What we found didn't really fit, but my neighbor is a seamstress, happened to be in that night, and rushed a tailoring job for me so we could leave the next morning for VA followed quickly by NY.

In the end, I didn't really need it.  It turned out that most guys dressed business formal and most ladies dressed in something dressy they'd wear for church rather than "business" as per sites on the internet.

Oh well.  I don't think I looked out of place and that was my goal.

Hubby has a pic somewhere, but I don't think he put it online.  If I remember, I'll check with him when he returns tonight.  He's out in the field getting (engineering) work done today.  I need to get out in the field (pony) soon too.

I think I remember him - not from the get together in PA ;) but is he the same son for whom you needed to get a suit for his interview at medical college?

Congratulations on raising such an outstanding young man! I hope you have a couple more sons because we need more men like this in the next generation!!

Yes.  Same kid.  He's the one who showed me that tippy top academic kids aren't really made by parents, they drag their parents along for the ride.  

My other two are just as good in their own niche and are fine world citizens, but they aren't perfectionist academic students (don't have that drive) nor were they interested in being advisers for dorm life.  Oldest has already graduated from college, is married, and working (doing super well on the job) and youngest will be heading to Jordan for fall semester - working on Advanced Arabic and Middle Eastern Culture.  He graduates next year.

I love them all and feel they are doing their part to make our planet a better place to live.

• Like 5