Menu

Who is still trying to decide?

Arch at Home

I am sure that we are not the only one's in this boat.

DD came back from Wellesley Accepted Students days last week; instead helping with making a decision, she is currently less sure of what she wants to do. Luckily, she does know that she has two good options just needs to figure out which. DH gave her a deadline of Friday. Most likely she will drag it out until Friday. She told me know to ask her about it in the mean time.

So...I am here tapping my foot.

• Like 2

My son cannot decide at all. He has narrowed down the list to two schools, UC Irvine and Earlham. They are two very different schools (one small LAC and one big state school) which I thought would help him choose. Instead he feels they are both good in different ways and can't decide which is better for him. It is weighing on him heavily and I hope he is able to make a decision soon. 

Edited by Jilly
  • Like 3

My ds has decided, and we've sent in the deposit, but there is still uncertainty because he was wait-listed at a bunch of schools. I think he decided to stay on the wait lists for 3 colleges, but even if he gets in to one he can't necessarily go there. He got fantastic need + merit based financial aid at the college that he accepted, and if he gets in off of a wait list, we'll have to evaluate the financial position. I wish there weren't this uncertainty so that he could just set his head on where he is going.

• Like 4

The pre-decision time is so hard! Did she decide, Arch, or is she waiting until midnight, lol? 

My oldest decided pretty early on - she was at priority orientation and registering for classes the first week of April!  She pulled out of a couple of scholarship competitions because she felt sure and ready to move on.

I'm really hoping youngest follows in her footsteps. I don't do waiting well. 

• Like 1

I thought we would be right here with you.  DD was in love with two schools and was like a yo-yo back and forth.  But then she got the unexpected scholarship that made her swing fully one way and she's super happy with her decision.  I was expecting some hesitancies but she's had none at all.  

Keep us posted!

ETA:  I saw your post on the decision thread  :hurray:  :hurray:

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 1

Thanks for asking.

DD came back from Admitted Students Days at Wellesley as high as a kite last Friday. We set a deadline for yesterday evening at 5:00 because this last big decision she made she drug out until the bitter end and still didn't have a clear idea what she wanted to do. However, Wednesday evening she came to DH and I with her decision. We had her live with it for a day and last night she paid her deposit. Next year she will be a Wellesley Blue. (I posted her reasons in the Decisions thread.)

I don't think that she would have taken it to the bitter end if she had visited Wellesley earlier but since it was still in the running she needed to make the trip.

I have no idea how it will go for the next two. A lot will depend on whether there will be selective schools or scholarships that hold up the process. DD2 is uncomfortable with having to make such a big decision and as particular as her sister but much more decisive when the right solution presents itself. DS will most likely be less particular about his college.

This decision now frees me up to start having college conversations with DD2 who will be making the same decision in two years.

• Like 4