Menu

Accountability Thread: 4/23-4/29

Last week of spring quarter for us. I don't know what we are doing yet. I will by the time today is over. Basically we just need to finish the math book, the current Latin lesson, the French review lesson, and a week of WWS and I'll be happy. Then we get two weeks off.

• Like 3

Well, piano was cancelled for today so I'm letting the boys sleep a little longer. When they get up we'll get to work on the essentials math, spelling, piano practice, Spanish practice and audiobook fr the youngest. Math, literature and Latin for the older one. I did buy a two audio books yesterday at the sale, I'd like to get a few more but I'm having trouble deciding what to get. Still trying to decide on stuff for next year and not having an easy time of it, I'm going to try and not think about it until after the used Curriculum sale on Friday.

• Like 3

Good morning. Today's schedule:

French-Last lesson! Workbook, review

Latin-WB, still working on lesson 13

Math-Lesson 13

Grammar/Composition-New words, grammar lesson on testing for verbals, WWS Week 19, Day 1

For me-French, Latin, Geometry, and I might do that grammar lesson on verbals, because verbals are cool, Writing. Some housekeeping. No cooking.

• Like 3

Good morning. Today's schedule:

French-continue lesson 17

Latin-continue lesson 13

Math-lesson 14

Grammar/Composition-Spelling practice, continue verbals in grammar, WWS Day 2

For me-French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping. Writer's meeting tonight.

• Like 3

I'm so frustrated with school.  Yesterday (Monday) dd had high blood pressure so I spent time calling her cardiologist and the pediatrician and then going to an appointment with her to be seen by the pediatrician.  We also had allergy shots for her brother.  All she got done was algebra.

Today she's taken an extra babysitting gig in the afternoon.  So I know that she's not going to get  a full day's worth of school done.

We're behind already because of some other things that came up and because of required academic testing.  I've told her that she has to cut down on the babysitting and other extras because school has to take priority. 

• Like 2

:grouphug: Jean. I think you are right to enforce some rules about what you can do after you get to feeling better. I know I'm guilty of feeling better and then getting up to work on things and then feeling bad again because I didn't rest. So I ruin my next day because I worked to hard to do a half-day of activities when I ought to have just taken as much of the day off as I could to rest.

Today's schedule:

Rain--I think. It looks like rain.

French-finish French review lesson

Latin-finish Latin lesson

Math-lesson 15

Grammar/ Composition-Spelling Practice, Grammar lesson on Verbals, WWS Day 3

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, a little cooking. Tomorrow we have a major house repair taking place, so I really need to set up school in my bedroom and arrange to make sure the cats are put up the boys room so they aren't scared or in the way. Air conditioner is getting replaced, and the air handler, so we won't have a water heater after tonight. I need to make sure all the laundry is done before bedtime, dishes washed and then we have to drain all the hot water from the tank. Fun city.

• Like 3

Jean, I agree with Critter about taking as much time as needed to heal completely.

Critter, ugh, on the home repairs. I know they are necessary but they are so disruptive, hoping you can get everything you need done, done today.

Our schedule for today is:

Latin

Spanish

Math

Literature

Piano

I've planned a bit of afternoon fun for the boys if we get our lessons finished. I need to start pulling out books for our used curriculum sale on Friday, get dinner and mid-week service.

• Like 3

Jean,  :grouphug:

AP Test prep and NHD prep. If anything else gets done, it will be a miracle.

Behind the scenes, I am busy getting us ready for our trip to attend our son's college graduation. We leave next week!

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 3

Morning ladies! Our schedule for today is math, Latin, Spanish, literature, music practice, drop-offs and pick ups. I think I'm going to save laundry for Saturday. Dh is cooking tonight so I'm going to go through my stuff for the sale tomorrow and put my price tags on but I can do that while relaxing. How's everybody doing this week? Anybody started planning for next year? I have a few things rattling around in my head right now, but not much that's definite right now. Any summer schooling plans? Lots of math fact practice for us and playing with our grammar apps..

• Like 3

All of DS's outsourced classes are registered for next year. Some of them fill up within hours of registration opening. We will have to do math and chemistry through the summer.

Also, I have to plan out a history class over the summer. But right now I am focused on this year. We still have a lot to do!

Good luck at the sale, mama25angels.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 3