Menu

Help with Language Arts Plans

nena3927

I'm torn between these two plans for language arts for my upcoming third and fourth graders. If you could choose between these two plans, which would you choose? We used Abeka for language and cursive this year and Rod and Staff for spelling. We also use the Rod and Staff Bible Readers and will use Pathway Readers as well next year for reading so those are set. I know I do not want to continue with Abeka in the upper levels so here are my choices : 

Plan #1: Easy Grammar, Rod and Staff Spelling, IEW , and copywork for handwriting

Plan #2: CLE Language Arts and possibly IEW if we need extra writing 

I love the fact that CLE is all in one, open and go, as well as academically sound but we've not used it before so I will have to give the placement test to see where they place. Then again I  like the thought of an easier grammar year and focus more on writing like Plan #1. So between these two plans, what would you choose and why? I've been staying up way too late researching these options and STILL am no closer to making a decision so your opinions really matter to me. Thank you !  :)  

I'm torn between these two plans for language arts for my upcoming third and fourth graders. If you could choose between these two plans, which would you choose? We used Abeka for language and cursive this year and Rod and Staff for spelling. We also use the Rod and Staff Bible Readers and will use Pathway Readers as well next year for reading so those are set. I know I do not want to continue with Abeka in the upper levels so here are my choices : 

Plan #1: Easy Grammar, Rod and Staff Spelling, IEW , and copywork for handwriting

Plan #2: CLE Language Arts and possibly IEW if we need extra writing 

I love the fact that CLE is all in one, open and go, as well as academically sound but we've not used it before so I will have to give the placement test to see where they place. Then again I  like the thought of an easier grammar year and focus more on writing like Plan #1. So between these two plans, what would you choose and why? I've been staying up way too late researching these options and STILL am no closer to making a decision so your opinions really matter to me. Thank you !   :)

#1, even though I don't love IEW. I do love Easy Grammar and copywork. :-)

I don't love CLE because I don't love lots of individual workbooks for a subject.