What's with the ads?

#1 nena3927

nena3927

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

I'm torn between these two plans for language arts for my upcoming third and fourth graders. If you could choose between these two plans, which would you choose? We used Abeka for language and cursive this year and Rod and Staff for spelling. We also use the Rod and Staff Bible Readers and will use Pathway Readers as well next year for reading so those are set. I know I do not want to continue with Abeka in the upper levels so here are my choices : 

Plan #1: Easy Grammar, Rod and Staff Spelling, IEW , and copywork for handwriting

Plan #2: CLE Language Arts and possibly IEW if we need extra writing 

I love the fact that CLE is all in one, open and go, as well as academically sound but we've not used it before so I will have to give the placement test to see where they place. Then again I  like the thought of an easier grammar year and focus more on writing like Plan #1. So between these two plans, what would you choose and why? I've been staying up way too late researching these options and STILL am no closer to making a decision so your opinions really matter to me. Thank you !  :)  

#2 Evanthe

Evanthe

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6168 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

#1!  I've used both CLE LA and EG.  We kinda preferred Easy Grammar.

#3 okbud

okbud

Cylon lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11876 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

2 but with spelling, and one or two weekly writing assignments from science and history.

#4 Mom27kidz

Mom27kidz

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

#1....but ditch the spelling and alternate copywork-dictation. We love Easy Grammar :)

PS: we have CLE LA and the "all in one" just didn't turn out for us... we ended up having to add to it.

#5 Paradox5

Paradox5

The Ordinary Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3652 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

#2 - Hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paradox5, 22 April 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#6 Ellie

Ellie

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31329 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

I'm torn between these two plans for language arts for my upcoming third and fourth graders. If you could choose between these two plans, which would you choose? We used Abeka for language and cursive this year and Rod and Staff for spelling. We also use the Rod and Staff Bible Readers and will use Pathway Readers as well next year for reading so those are set. I know I do not want to continue with Abeka in the upper levels so here are my choices : 

Plan #1: Easy Grammar, Rod and Staff Spelling, IEW , and copywork for handwriting

Plan #2: CLE Language Arts and possibly IEW if we need extra writing 

I love the fact that CLE is all in one, open and go, as well as academically sound but we've not used it before so I will have to give the placement test to see where they place. Then again I  like the thought of an easier grammar year and focus more on writing like Plan #1. So between these two plans, what would you choose and why? I've been staying up way too late researching these options and STILL am no closer to making a decision so your opinions really matter to me. Thank you !   :)

#1, even though I don't love IEW. I do love Easy Grammar and copywork. :-)

I don't love CLE because I don't love lots of individual workbooks for a subject.