What's with the ads?

#1 Sadie

Sadie

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22601 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:57 PM

If you are in the US, how common is it for people to fly their own US flags outside their home ?

If you are not in the US, is it common or uncommon where you live ?

It's very uncommon in my part of Sydney, AU. People sometimes fly national flags for the World Cup, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen an AU flag outside a home in my suburb. 

Just curious.

• Pam in CT and cflovinlife like this

#2 cflovinlife

cflovinlife

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

If you are in the US, how common is it for people to fly their own US flags outside their home ?

It's very uncommon in my part of Sydney, AU. People sometimes fly national flags for the World Cup, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen an AU flag outside a home in my suburb.

Just curious.

People fly American flags here in America all the time just because. Some holidays more flags fly.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
  • Angie in VA, scrapbookbuzz, MamaBearTeacher and 1 other like this

#3 maize

maize

Maizgyver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18376 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

Just curious.

Flying US flags is quite common everywhere I have lived in the US.

My grandpa always had a flagpole with a flag in his yard. Most people who fly them just have a pole in a holder on the front of the house. The Boy Scouts also do a fund raiser where people sign up and pay a local troop to put a flag in their yard for national holidays.

In Texas and only in Texas it is also quite common for people to fly their state flag :) Businesses especially. American flags are common in business parking lots here, there is an enormous one at the local grocery store (big enough to cover the roof of my house with...)
  • Jackie in AR, Amber in SJ, coralloyd and 3 others like this

#4 laundrycrisis

laundrycrisis

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3558 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

We have at least 3 neighbors within a five minute walk from our house who fly the US flag every day.   They are all households with either veterans or active duty military service members in the household. 

I'm not sure I even know what the IL flag looks like.  Do we have one ?   :confused1:

I also lived in Oklahoma and Texas, and in those states we saw state flags all the time.  

Edited by laundrycrisis, 20 April 2017 - 10:08 PM.

• Sadie likes this

#5 eternalsummer

eternalsummer

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3816 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

state flags mostly only in Texas, although I've seen some in Colorado.

American flags are very common, more so in some areas than others.

• Sadie likes this

#6 regentrude

regentrude

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25689 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

It is quite common here in small town Midwest to fly an American flag.

And if you go out into the country you see quite a few confederate flags.

Back home in Germany, nobody displays the German flag unless it is soccer world cup.

Edited by regentrude, 20 April 2017 - 10:11 PM.

• Sadie likes this

#7 Liz CA

Liz CA

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13046 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Around here very common on holidays like July 4th, Veterans Day, etc.

• Sadie likes this

#8 Quill

Quill

Team Introvert - Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17320 posts

Flying the American Flag is very common in the US. On patriotic holidays, it is especially common, but a lot of people (us included) generally fly one daily. We even have one at our beach house and fly it when we are there (often patriotic holidays).

In the state of Maryland, there is also a lot of love for the print of our state flag. (As state flags go, it is quite dynamic.) i don't see the actual Maryland flag that often except in front of businesses, but magnets, hats, stickers, clothing, mugs - everything exists with the Maryland flag and many Marylanders have some of this swag. Both of our cars have a Maryland flag magnet or sticker on them. We love our crabs and Maryland flag around here!
  • Laura in CA, Gaillardia, Sadie and 1 other like this

#9 Amber in SJ

Amber in SJ

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1330 posts

We have a holder & try to fly it for any appropriate holidays.  We are the only ones on our cul-de-sac who do.  Places with large parking lots like car dealerships usually have the US Flag, the California Flag and then a flag to represent their business (a flag that says Honda or Carl's Jr.)  I get perturbed when people fly the flag with no regard for the rules of flying the US flag for example: not at night without a spotlight, not in bad weather and not once it gets so tattered that it is in pieces.  When my Dh was the scoutmaster for our BSA troop he'd go in & offer to appropriately retire the US flag for them. 

Amber in SJ

edited because I had a grammar problem

Edited by Amber in SJ, 20 April 2017 - 10:18 PM.

• scrapbookbuzz, Laura in CA, Gaillardia and 2 others like this

#10 Lawyer&Mom

Lawyer&Mom

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

Totally normal and unremarkable no matter where you are in the US. My neigborhood is about as liberal as they get and the neighbors across the street have a full flag pole with flag.
  • Heigh Ho, Sadie and terrikuns like this

#11 Amira

Amira

In a maze of beige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8893 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

It's not uncommon everywhere I've been in the US, although most people don't do it every day. In some areas, you'll see lots of flags on national holidays.

It's pretty much unheard of everywhere else I've been, although I've heard there are some countries where people fly the flag more often.
  • Sadie and whitehawk like this

#12 Arcadia

Arcadia

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16305 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

Where I am in US, it is common to see US flags on pole holders in single family homes, rare for townhomes and condos.

Where I am from, there are strict rules on our national flag and rules are only relaxed for the celebration of National Day which is on August 9th.

"Display of Flag outside buildings
5.—(1) When the Flag is displayed outside a building, it shall be displayed on or in front of the building.
(2) At any time other than during the period referred to in paragraph (3), when the Flag is displayed outside a building or in an open space —
(a) it shall be flown from a flagpole; and
(b) it shall not be flown at night unless it is properly illuminated.

(3) At any time during the period beginning 1st July and ending on 30th September of each year, when the Flag is displayed outside a building or in an open space —
(a) it may, but need not, be flown from a flagpole; and
(b) it may be displayed at night without being properly illuminated." http://statutes.agc....e Depth:0;rec=0

In this link, you can see many of my country's flag hung with line dry laundry at an apartment block :lol: http://www2.tnp.sg/p...-week-50-winner

Edited by Arcadia, 20 April 2017 - 10:22 PM.

• transientChris, Laura in CA and Sadie like this

#13 MercyA

MercyA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5392 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

I'm in the US Midwest. It's very, very common here. The distinctive sound of flag hardware clanging against a pole is one I hear all the time.

I'm not a flag-flyer.

Edited by MercyA, 20 April 2017 - 11:08 PM.

• scrapbookbuzz and Sadie like this

#14 Gaillardia

Gaillardia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3077 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

Lots of American flags are flown here in Texas, and sometimes I've seen the state flag above the American flag. Out back I can see a neighbor's US and Marines flags flying every day.

It is very common year round. Some do also put out their flags for July 4th that don't otherwise. We don't have a flagpole and our flags may be too large for the height of our flag bracket and there is nowhere else to put it.

• Sadie likes this

#15 Gaillardia

Gaillardia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3077 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

We have at least 3 neighbors within a five minute walk from our house who fly the US flag every day.   They are all households with either veterans or active duty military service members in the household. 

I'm not sure I even know what the IL flag looks like.  Do we have one ?   :confused1:

I also lived in Oklahoma and Texas, and in those states we saw state flags all the time.  

of course Illinois has one. 

https://en.wikipedia...eal_of_Illinois

• Sadie likes this

#16 Junie

Junie

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6589 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

I noticed a surge in flag-flying and patriotism after September 11th.

Ds16's soccer team has a tradition of singing the National Anthem on the bus every time they pass a flag.   :patriot:  

• Anne, Sadie and displace like this

#17 DesertBlossom

DesertBlossom

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1594 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

For an annual fee the Scout troop will put flags up (and take them down at the ens of the day) on all major holidays so the neighborhood looks very patriotic.
  • Sadie likes this

#18 Tap

Tap

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16664 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

There are under a 100 houses in our neighborhood.  There are two lit flag poles infront of private houses, and at least two home with flags on a pole attached to the home.   Those are just the ones I can think of, there may be more.

FYI...I am in the liberal PNW.

• Sadie likes this

#19 Mergath

Mergath

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11157 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

It's not uncommon here (rural MN) but where I live I see more government buildings and businesses flying them than private homes. I can think of a couple houses I drive past that have them, but it's not like it's every other house or something.

• Sadie and Pawz4me like this

#20 slackermom

slackermom

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

In my neighborhood, I rarely see them other than on government buildings, but I live in a condo on a major street in an urban area. If I head out into the suburbs, where people have yards and their own front door, I probably see at least one flag per block.

I often lived on military bases as a child, thus I learned a lot about flag handling, so I automatically hone in on flags that don't look right.

• Sadie likes this

#21 SKL

SKL

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26797 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

Very common here in Midwest USA.

When my friend first came here as a student from India, we talked about private industry, and soon thereafter we were out driving around.  She said I had exaggerated private ownership in the USA, as was obvious from all the US flags on the buildings (esp. businesses).  I then learned that in India, only government-owned establishments fly the Indian flag (or at least, that was the case 25 years ago).

• Quill and Sadie like this

#22 SKL

SKL

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26797 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:16 AM

I should add that we often see lots of other flags flying at private homes also.  The home or ancestral country of proud immigrants, the local sports teams, military and POW flags for example.  Usually with, not instead of, the US flag.

• Sadie and maize like this

#23 Margaret in CO

Margaret in CO

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16875 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

Lots of flags here. Our troop no longer helps with the "put flags up on the sidewalks" thing for holidays as we could just NOT convince the American Legion that the boys can't ride in the back of the pickup. However, we put up 200 big flags and a zillion small ones for various things at the cemetery. It's one of our biggest community service projects every year. The big flags have service member names embroidered on the edge of each one. I have one for dd, one for my mom, one for my dad, and one for my fil. I always make a point of taking photos of each one and sending them to the kids and siblings. We currently have over 20 flags to dispose of for Scouts--we'll do it in June.
  • Quill, Sadie and maize like this

#24 Margaret in CO

Margaret in CO

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16875 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

dp

Edited by Margaret in CO, 21 April 2017 - 01:43 AM.

#25 lailasmum

lailasmum

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

I'm in the UK and it's pretty uncommon to see flags being flown outside of sports related things. My neighbours have their English and Welsh flags out during big games but the guy with the English flag leaves it up a lot longer and it's pretty tatty, all shredded up one side. He actually has a flagpole and the flag gets caught on it in the wind.
  • Sadie likes this

#26 Laura Corin

Laura Corin

She who plants flowers for bees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23526 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:48 AM

The Union Flag is not commonly flown.  It was used by the far right National Front party back in the 70s and 80s, so most people wouldn't use it on private land.  In Scotland, the Saltire is sometime flown as a symbol of support for Scottish independence.  We don't fly a flag and nor does anyone in our village of 100 houses.

• Sadie likes this

#27 Pawz4me

Pawz4me

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9407 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:53 AM

I guess it depends on how you define common?

There are about 25 or 26 houses in our neighborhood. One person flies a flag all the time. Maybe more do on patriotic holidays, but I haven't really paid attention. I don't consider that common. I'd say overall around here you might see a flag at a handful of houses out of a hundred. We saw as many, if not more, when we were in Canada (Canadian flags that is).

We bought this house last year and it had a big flagpole beside the garage. We took it down. If I were inclined to fly a flag I'd be anal about doing it absolutely right as far as protocol and I know I'd drive myself nuts.

• Sadie likes this

#28 Jen500

Jen500

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4580 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:17 AM

I guess it depends on how you define common?

There are about 25 or 26 houses in our neighborhood. One person flies a flag all the time. Maybe more do on patriotic holidays, but I haven't really paid attention. I don't consider that common. I'd say overall around here you might see a flag at a handful of houses out of a hundred. We saw as many, if not more, when we were in Canada (Canadian flags that is).

We bought this house last year and it had a big flagpole beside the garage. We took it down. If I were inclined to fly a flag I'd be anal about doing it absolutely right as far as protocol and I know I'd drive myself nuts.

Yes, I think it depends what would be defined as common.

Normal in that I don't think a US flag at a home stands out as unusual to me, but not common in the sense that a high percentage of houses have one. 

Many neighborhoods here have HOAs that restrict flag poles. 

• Sadie, Pawz4me, whitehawk and 1 other like this

#29 maize

maize

Maizgyver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18376 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

Yes, I think it depends what would be defined as common.
Normal in that I don't think a US flag at a home stands out as unusual to me, but not common in the sense that a high percentage of houses have one.
Many neighborhoods here have HOAs that restrict flag poles.

It is common in the US in comparison to every other country I have lived in or visited. I've never been to Canada so perhaps national flag flying is also common there. I never once, for instance, saw a French flag flown outside a private home in France.
  • Liz CA and Sadie like this

#30 reefgazer

reefgazer

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5888 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

I'm in the USA, and this varies greatly. Military towns like where I live have quite a few flag-flyers, but elsewhere, not so much.
  • Sadie likes this

#31 heatherwith3

heatherwith3

Like a Chicken With Her Head Cut Off

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3613 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:20 AM

DH has one that flies at our house. It's not really my thing, but he was raised to do so, and so we will. :)
  • Sadie likes this

#32 Bluegoat

Bluegoat

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12066 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

I'm east coast of Canada in a medium sized city.

It isn't unheard of to see a flag here, but not especially common.  Probably little flags stuck on cars are most common, or people will have a temporary one on Canada Day.

The most serious flat fliers I know were/are actually British - my Nana had a full flagpole and used to fly the Union flag or sometimes the Canadian Red Ensign.  And our neighbours around the corner fly a football club flag, I'm not sure which one or if it is more a English football in general flag.

Interestingly, Canadian military who are serving in the US are told not to have Canadian flags on their cars or fly them at their homes - there was a kerfuffle a few years ago when someone did this and the people in the town got upset.

• Catheryn and Sadie like this

#33 Bluegoat

Bluegoat

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12066 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Although now that I think about it, I do see a few other flags around commonly.  The Acadian flag, or expat Newfoundlanders often fly that provinces flag.

• Sadie likes this

#34 EmseB

EmseB

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2939 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

In Texas and only in Texas it is also quite common for people to fly their state flag :) Businesses especially. American flags are common in business parking lots here, there is an enormous one at the local grocery store (big enough to cover the roof of my house with...)

I have seen more state flags (and associated apparel and paraphernalia) here in Maryland than almost any state, including Texas!

Edited by EmseB, 21 April 2017 - 07:27 AM.

#35 Bluegoat

Bluegoat

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12066 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:32 AM

I think we associate flags here with public buildings or spaces, actually.  There is a wee park with an anchor from a military ship across the street from me which has a flag, and the library has a flag, city hall, etc.

Also, for some reason, Irving Big Stops have enormous flags.

• Sadie likes this

#36 Caroline

Caroline

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5565 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

I have seen more state flags (and associated apparel and paraphernalia) here in Maryland than almost any state, including Texas!

Maryland--we put our flag on everything! I grew up in Maryland. The flag is all over and very distinctive.
  • YaelAldrich, Sadie and EmseB like this

#37 SparklyUnicorn

SparklyUnicorn

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36622 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

common

DH was kinda wigged out by that for awhile. 

• Sadie and MercyA like this

#38 Heigh Ho

Heigh Ho

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11656 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

Common. And flags on graves for Memorial Day is done every year,as well as a local remembrance ceremony.

You will also see a green light at homes where an active duty military person grew up or at their relatives houses.

I also have a few neighbors who use a window to display the flag of the country where they were previously a citizen.
  • Sadie likes this

#39 Word Nerd

Word Nerd

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11534 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

You see flags here more often on holidays, but they're pretty common year round at malls, car dealerships, and public buildings as well as some small businesses.

• Sadie likes this

#40 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5652 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

They're very common here. I'd say TX flags are most common. US flags are second and also explode in number around certain holidays like Memorial Day, etc. But people even fly Univeriof Texas, A&M, or the ever present Come and Take It flag. I think Texans as a stereotype just generally like flags. It's nothing to see homes here with actual flag poles in their yards- not just brackets on a front porch. The people down the street from us have TWO huge flagpoles on their front lawn.

ETA- I should add that Mexican flags are not uncommon either, particularly at businesses like car lots, but I've yet to see one flown up on an actual pole at a house. People typically hang those. My old neighbors had a Norwegian flag on their front porch. I guess they embraced the TX flag culture. :)

Edited by texasmom33, 21 April 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#41 happysmileylady

happysmileylady

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3432 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

I think it's pretty common in that you are likely to see multiple homes with flags out in any given neighborhood.  But you will still likely see more homes without them than with them.

Many of the homes in our current neighborhood have actual flagpoles in the yard.  The home right across the street from me does.  And homes that don't have poles usually have the flag holder bracket on one of their porch posts.  My next door neighbor has a flagpole in their back yard, which I don't understand.  However, when I look out my front yard, none of the neighbors within eyesight have a flag up.  Which, actually surprises me.  But I can think of a couple houses that we pass regularly that do fly the flag every day.

In my old neighborhood, there were some homes with flagpoles, and every home that had one did fly a flag.  I can think of one home in particularly that regularly changed up what they were flying.  Sometimes it was American flag with state flag under it.  Sometimes it was just a POW/MIA flag.  On Sundays during football season they flew a Colts flag.  I even remember seeing a Jolly Roger up there once lol. 

#42 Mbelle

Mbelle

Just Visiting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

I see more flags on businesses and govt buildings than anywhere else.  In our area HOA's greatly restrict flag flying.

I'm normally not the type to fly a flag daily, but I do live in a very old house and it goes well with the house. Normally, I would put it out on holidays.  Having said that I didn't fly a flag for the past 6 months.  Due to this the dang birds got in my porch ferns and really messed them up.  Once I put the flag out the flapping and waving of it scared the birds away.  I will not make this mistake again!  I wanted to get a spring theme flag, but my dh really despises those. LOL  During football season I fly my team flag.  If we win I leave it up for the weekend, otherwise we just follow tradition and it comes down right away.  My kids are planning to go to rival colleges, so this will be fun!!!

• Sadie likes this

#43 SparklyUnicorn

SparklyUnicorn

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36622 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

The house we bought actually had a massively large flag on it that the previous owners left.  We took it off.  Not our thing. 

• Sadie likes this

#44 mom2scouts

mom2scouts

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2754 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

It is very common in my area to fly the US flag. I fly one every day and so do  several of my neighbors.

• Sadie likes this

#45 Farrar

Farrar

Expert Cat Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22597 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

At least semi-common everywhere I've ever lived. I think it's more common in conservative areas, but in liberal ones people do it as well.

We have a DC flag that we fly most of the time. (Taxation Without Representation!) We have an American flag that we put out on the Fourth of July and occasionally other days, like Election Day.

I do see more rainbow flags than anything else on houses though.

When I was a kid, I feel like the pineapple flags were probably the most common house flag.

Edited by Farrar, 21 April 2017 - 09:15 AM.

• Sadie likes this

#46 Violet Crown

Violet Crown

Onward Thru the Fog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4167 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

What maize and texasmom said: we like to fly the state flag round here. And celebrate our own holidays: today is San Jacinto Day! Day off for state workers! Fly the Lone Star high! Celebrate by waking someone up from their nap.

ETA: The Scots seem pretty ready to fly the Saltire at any opportunity.

Edited by Violet Crown, 21 April 2017 - 09:20 AM.

• Sadie, maize and texasmom33 like this

#47 AmandaVT

AmandaVT

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2620 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

Not super common here in VT, at least in my town. I see the rainbow flag more than anything else here, except around the 4th of July - lots of US flags then. 

• Sadie likes this

#48 Pam in CT

Pam in CT

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

We have one at home; maybe a third (?) of our neighbors do.  All the municipal buildings and schools do as well; and on holidays like Memorial Day and July 4 the main street is lined with them (I think it's sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce).

I agree with the pp that flag-flying became more common after 9/11.

• Sadie likes this

#49 okbud

okbud

Cylon lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12067 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Extremely common everywhere and thoroughly ubiquitous in military housing.

Tourist towns on California coast have a lot of California republic flags.
  • Liz CA and Sadie like this

#50 okbud

okbud

Cylon lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12067 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

I see a lot of us flags alongside other flags, too. Thin blue line flags, rainbow flags, prayer flags, flags with birds and flowers on them, etc.

I think you're either flag folks or ya aren't.
  • Sadie and Pam in CT like this