Menu

PreK and K Plans?

Tawlas

All the other grades have a thread, is everyone scared to admit they make plans for the littles?   :P

I have a four year old who's been begging to "do school" since she was two lol.  This year she's been doing lots of cutting workbooks from Kumon and the like, she's raced through eight million sticker books, a couple of maze books, the preschool set put out by CLE (which we both adored!), some old Horizon preschool pages (left over from a brother) and I've probably used a gallon of paint and glue, as well as a ten-pound bag of flour to make play dough!  We've read all the books from B4FIAR that I could beg, borrow or buy online for less than $10.  We're both bored with it, tired of it all and ready for a change!  

So, with a big flourish the week after she turned four, I pulled out section 2 and 3 from an unfinished AAR Pre-1 book (from another one of her brothers) and we're now starting her own ABC book.  She just about fainted with glee when I pulled out an unused 3-ring binder (just like the big kids!) and wrote her name on the spine. I'm astonished what she's picked up already from listening in, Tad and the Letter Factory, and iPad apps lol.  We're combining the two sections, working on recognizing lower-case letters and their most common sound at the same time.

I'm heading to a conference later this month and I intend on purchasing the HWOT PreK book to start as well.  She writes letters all over everything on her own and I'd like to start some good habits.  I own FIAR 1, but I think I'll hold off until the fall to start that.  I'm seriously considering the Preschool Math book from Peace Hill Press for some fun easy math games to do with her.

This is my last baby!!!!  I haven't done FIAR before although I've always thought it would be great.  I'm so glad I'm getting to do that with my youngest :)  (My seven year old loves the books too)

Anyone else thinking ahead to a PreK or K year?  

• Like 2

I'm not scared to admit it!! I believe in slow and steady and pretty much think it's unfair to have them go from doing nothing to asking them to sit still for 30-60 min for K. So at 3 yrs we've done 6 activities a week, mostly play based that lasted as long as he cared. Going to 4 and pre-k I'll require 10-15 min of sitting 'school' time where he has to do it (he's the first so there is no older sibs that make him excited about it!). What we'll be doing: 

Reading: some kind of pre-AAR (or 1), OPGTR, games from LOE mix (doing pre-AAR now with rhyming focus and he's learning letters, but not really ready or interested in their sounds so not sure where we'll be and what we'll be focusing on/backing off on. He hates Letter Factory so that's not an option!)

Math: MEP R 

Handwriting: fairly phobic so just coloring, doing mazes (which he does enjoy) and strengthening the hand

Science: if he'll sit for Magic Schoolbus some of that (right now he hates it, says he needs to be older), Diego for animals to go with geography unit is mostly what I figure, plus some nature classes and random pinterest activities

Geography unit (mostly books, intro to globe and activities with the continents) 

Wee Folk Art and FIAR 1 selections with random activities for some selections 

Yes, I wonder too, what is appropriate, necessary, or sufficient. I tell myself we are very loosely doing preschool. I'm mostly trying to get myself organized, while also feeling totally okay with dropping everything and playing outside. Loving the fact that I don't have to be accountable yet!

I haven't found any curriculum that we love yet. The only thing we've consistently done is a fairy/folk tale of the week, reading different renditions and discussing.

However, I'm considering giving AAR-pre another go. We gave it up as being too craft heavy, and nothing appeared to be sinking in. Months later, dd is now pointing out letters in our books, but only the ones we addressed back when we did AAR! (We skipped around and did the letters in her name.) Soooo, we may pick it up again, as well as Kate Snow's math book.

• Like 1

I've been in Kindergarten planning mode recently too..here is what I have right now :).

Bible

Egermiers Bible Storybook (we'll be using this for oral narrations as well) 
Leading Little Ones to God

Math

Horizons
Supplementing with games (Prime Climb, Prodigy, etc..)

Language Arts

Phonics - continuing on with OPGTTR
Spelling - daily review words from OPGTTR
Readers - Elson and Christian Liberty (pulling from for vocabulary and comprehension)
Penmanship/Copywork - English Lessons Through Literature
Grammar - English Lessons Through Literature
Literature - English Lessons Through Literature, picture books, chapter books, lots of free reading, etc..

Nature/science/Art

Nature walks
Nature journal/table
Seasonal art projects
Books/Netflix documentaries/Etc... on an interest led basis

Social Studies/Geography

This one is still up in the air as I really don't think anything is necessary at the Kindergarten level  however he does have a strong interest (at the moment) in maps and different places from around the world so we might do something very casual..a learning about  how children live around the world kind of thing.

Music

Continuing on with piano lessons

Misc.

Chess
Swim and Gym at our local Y
board games
puzzles
logic games

Edited by JennSnow
  • Like 1

This year my 3 yo has been doing the mfw pre-k task cards. We've been doing about 10 minutes 3x per week where he gets to choose the activity. He has learned so much from this and is very eager to do school.

Plans for k4:

Aar1 (he knows all letters and their primary sounds and is anxious to read)

Miquon orange with giggle math

Printing with letter stories (a freebie I got from iew and instantly fell in love with)

tag along with the older kids for geography/cultures (the art, music, food, movies, coloring, and sticker books)

My read aloud basket will contain books to coordinate with geography as well as all the level 1 read and find out science books. I usually put books from mp, bookshark, and fiar in there too.

He'll also do his second year at catechesis of the good shepherd at our church.

Edited by Syllieann
  • Like 1

There was a K thread, but I think it's gotten buried.

We are after schooling for K. DD will be going to a Spanish immersion school for K and we will do English Language Arts at home.

DD finished Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading in PreK and we are moving on to The Good and The Beautiful's Language Arts Level 1. We will continue this in K and probably move on to level 2. She's also doing their handwriting.

We will do some Spanish vocabulary and phonics this summer.

• Like 1

DD finished Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading in PreK and we are moving on to The Good and The Beautiful's Language Arts Level 1. We will continue this in K and probably move on to level 2. She's also doing their handwriting.

Oooooh....I've never seen this curriculum before but I kind of love it!  I might have to consider trading out English Lessons Through Literature for this! :)

• Like 1

Social Studies/Geography

This one is still up in the air as I really don't think anything is necessary at the Kindergarten level  however he does have a strong interest (at the moment) in maps and different places from around the world so we might do something very casual..a learning about  how children live around the world kind of thing.

Have you seen "Give Your Child the World" ?  It's a book of book lists sorted by both continent (and historical period in the index) as well as by age group.  We've been doing "Visits to . . . South America" this year as a family and I've ordered in a lot of the books from my library and they've been really fantastic!  Maybe it would suit?  It's a great deal right now!

• Like 2

I have an accelerated K boy for next year.

The core stuff he'll be doing:

Singapore 4 and Beast Academy 3/2

Spelling You See D and The Sentence Family

Risas y Sonrisas

The Violin Book 3

And a bunch of fun workbooks/activity books for the other subjects.

Nursery school for my toddler, and my older will likely join in:

Wee Folk Art

Reading and reenacting/reciting fairytales and nursery rhymes

Mep R and RS Activities

DIY Phonics

DIY Prewriting

• Like 2

The plan for my K5 DD.

* Literature - Burgess animal/bird/plant books, Fitch-Perkins Twin Books, Anything else that strikes our fancy
* Phonics - Phonics Pathways and The Phonics Pages

* Math - Right Start 
* Handwriting - Barchowsky Fine Hand

She will be invited to tag along as she likes with Big Brother on science (BFSU B thread, plants, animals, and nutrition) and his survey of various countries/cultures.  

• Like 1

This coming fall is my DS#3's official K year, though I'm not really sure ATM if we'll be homeschooling or moving into PS for a time.  If I keep him home, this is what I've got planned:

MEP 3 and/or Beast Academy 3 (+2 as it comes out)

Evan-Moor Daily Science 3, + Real Science-4-Kids Building Blocks 2

BookShark history and lit level 3

Michael Clay Thompson Island level with E-M Language Fundamentals 2

If he does full time PS, then we'll afterschool with:

Beast Academy 3 (+2 as it is released)

MCT Island

I have a 4yo who is starting some K level work.

She is doing the Pre-Primer linked in my siggie for learning to read & write.

Happy Phonics and sandpaper letters supplement.

For math, I am starting her on MEP 1. We have Miquon. I will likely do a mix of both as desired or needed. She is funny with numbers. She may surprise me, and I will just go with her flow.

Nature: weekly nature walks.

Daily read aloud time.

• 2 weeks later...

Marco will be 5 in late June. We're teetering between Pre-K and K. He knows all his letters and basic letter sounds, knows his numbers (by sight), counts objects well, and seems to understand addition and subtraction as concepts. He writes well. He is, however, delayed in language (autistic with a dual receptive/expressive language delay), so I'm hesitant about my plans. He needs the structure and craves it, so I did plan his year -- and we'll see how it goes.

Phonics: Phonics Pathways with the "flashcard / flashback" technique used in Dancing Bears (which I use with my middle son)

Math: Miquon

Handwriting: Finish up Simply Classical Copybook 1, move into 2

Tag-along as he pleases with Middle DS: Memoria Press Grades 1 & 2 Enrichment (literature and language skills), science, American Studies, Ancient Studies, Morning Meeting (recitation, fine arts, geography, religion read alouds -- Morning Meeting includes everyone, even DD15)

• Like 1

I'm not sure.  I go back and forth about wanting to do something with my 4 year old and then not.  In one way, I want him to just be little another year and it would get school done quicker so we could just play.  My kids will be 6, 4 and 2 next school year.  On the other hand, he is quite advanced compared to my first ds, so I hate not to be teaching him things.  He'll do history, science, geography, bible, art or whatever we first ds is working on.  I'm tempted to start the reading lesson with him.  It's so quick and easy and it worked well for first ds.  Likely let him trace letters and numbers.  I've also contemplated letting him start on Singapore Essentials Book A.  It was SUPER easy for ds 1 in K and ds 2 is a bit ahead of ds at that age, so I KNOW he could handle it.  If it didn't work out we could just save it until K.  I've also thought about getting the curious George workbooks I've seen online.  He loves curious George.  He gets a Thomas and friends magazine to work on too.  So, nothing solid just yet, I'm still thinking about it.  If we do something it won't be everyday, just when he's interested.

Academics for DD4:

Hooked on Phonics

Confessions of a Homeschooler's Daily Learning Notebook for Preschoolers (Free!) 

Tag-a-long: 

Story of the World 2, trebuches, electrical experiments, Lego castles, and other crafts.

Life Sciences

Outside time/Nature walks

This school year, my youngest was junior K. We used MFW K, and half way through the year we added Math Lessons for a Living Education 1. It was a gentle approach to ease him into officially homeschooling. He also learned how to read CVC words and write numbers 1-20.

Next school year, he will be in K. He will use Abeka K5 phonics and handwriting and finish Math Lessons for a Living Education 1 and Miquon Orange/Red. He will also use FIAR and tag along with his brother for VP self paced Bible and anything else he wants to listen in on.

ETA: He and I both loved MFW K. The activities and books were enjoyable, but the lessons were short. It was perfect for a busy little boy. I often see negative reviews for MFW K, but I honestly loved it.

Edited by MyLife
  • Like 1

Ds won't be 5 until August 3 and we will have another ds joining around the same time. So we are keeping it simple and he is following along with dd for a lot of stuff. Whatever sticks, great. Whatever doesn't, no biggie.

We didn't really do anything formal for Prek but we will be finishing up our Bible program over the summer and into next year.

I'll be using:

Bible Nuggets

Horizons K Math

Zaner Bloser Handwriting K

OPGTR

He will be listening in (and joining for labs & crafts) with dd for SOTW 1, Map Trek activities, and Apologia Zoology 2.

Lots of read alouds and some informal nature study. Also gonna throw in some country/culture studies. And LOTS of playing outside :thumbup:

A little of everything and loosey goosey sums up our K style.

Edited by Mrs. Hound

I'm considering this year Kindergarten for DS4.

Math: RS B, BA 2 (as released)

Language Arts: LOE C-D, Early Readers

Social Studies: Continents & Cultures

Science: Continents & Cultures

Art / Music: Continents & Cultures

We read-aloud chapter books for an hour each day. I'm planning: Ramona the Pest, Stuart Little, The Borrowers, Pippi Longstocking, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory... &/or whatever else sparks his interest!

Either at the end of this year or the beginning of next, we'll do a mini-unit on prehistory & evolution.

My third son will be turning 4 over the summer.  Sometime between now and fall, he will be starting the CLE kindergarten books.  He'll also tag along as much as he wants as the big boys do history, chemistry and art.

Wendy

The second half of this year B has started just a little. On Wednesdays they're at my mom's all day and I send a BFIAR book and a lot of free printables or activities. He loooves "doing school" but that and one hour a week of co op have been it so far.

Next year I may do Singapore Earlybird A with him and maybe ETC A? But I would probably not do the writing parts of either. Tracing maybe and maybe drawing letters in sand or something? I think he would enjoy the content, but he's not there yet for writing. We are just going to take it slooooooooow. It's so funny because her PK4 year, E blew through Earlybird A&B, and ETC ABC, but she was such a stereotypical hothoused first kid.  :closedeyes:

Then next year (K) he can do Earlybird B and ETC B and C.

And lots and lots of BrainPop Jr. We love Brainpop.

My daughter will be in K4! :crying:

MEP Reception & Handwriting Lessons Through Literature. She'll be joining big bro for SOTW, BFSU, Bible, Spanish and Singing as she's interested. She'll also be drawing Minnie Mouse at least 4 times a day. :laugh:

My daughter will be in K4! :crying:

MEP Reception & Handwriting Lessons Through Literature. She'll be joining big bro for SOTW, BFSU, Bible, Spanish and Singing as she's interested. She'll also be drawing Minnie Mouse at least 4 times a day. :laugh:

Sweet!!! I wanna see her Minnie Mouse. Hahaha!!!!

• Like 1

My youngest will be 5 in July, but he is very immature for his age. His older brothers andĂ¢â‚¬â€¹ sisters have babied him! (I guess I have, too.)

We started My Father's World Kindergarten and love it. He doesn't understand the blending yet, but that's fine with me. There's not much math in it, so I'll be using some games and worksheets, too.

For my young Kindergartner

Handwriting: Kumon Lowercase Letters, and HWOT Jump Start Kindergarten if we get to it

Phonics: Words Their Way K-just the word/letter sorts no writing

Math: Math U See Primer SLOWLY, with Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 1 to supplement

Social Studies: Before Five in a Row & Scholastic Follow the Directions About Me workbook

Science: Carson Delosa Interactive Notebook &

Oak Meadow Healthy Living From the Start

Art: Artistic Pursuits: The Way They See It

Edited by MamaVandKiddos

I'm keeping it simple for kindergartener. 

He can read already, so I'll just reinforce that and go over some phonics/spelling.

Math in Focus 1A starting in September. He enjoys mathematical thinking and has a nice grasp of patterns and numbers. So again, I'll help reinforce that. 

HWT for printing. 

We won't do much beyond that, but he will participate in science, history, and Latin with his sister. 

• 4 weeks later...

Twins 6 are in this category.

They are significantly delayed in all areas and repeating public 4 year old preschool two days a week.

On the other days

Unit study on sharks - very first time we have done a unit study or a lap book. Seems they are really suited to this learning style and they are very enthusiastic about this

All the Rod and Staff preschool workbooks.

AAR prereading after 2 years of daily trying to teach them reading this program is working YAY

Many games and activities I am sourcing from the internet mostly from Pinterest

Reading eggs and math seeds

SOTW ancients currently making lap book on Egypt

Lots of fine and gross motor work

Also having speech therapy and occupational therapy

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Like 1

The plan for my K5 DD.

* Literature - Burgess animal/bird/plant books, Fitch-Perkins Twin Books, Anything else that strikes our fancy

* Phonics - Phonics Pathways and The Phonics Pages

* Math - Right Start 

* Handwriting - Barchowsky Fine Hand

She will be invited to tag along as she likes with Big Brother on science (BFSU B thread, plants, animals, and nutrition) and his survey of various countries/cultures.  

What is your opinion on the Fitch-Perkins twin books? We have three of them bopping around and I can't decide what I think about them (I've only read one). 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn between wanting to do formal education with my 4yr old vs. just letting her be little and play all day and have fun.

Right now she's reading Bob Books and McGuffey Revised Primer. Takes just a few minutes a day.

Alphablocks on YouTube. She loves them.

Review counting (1-1 and skip) every once in awhile.

Add/sub to 10. Occasionally, only orally.

Let her play with sidewalk chalk and the white board to write if she wants.

I or her Dad read to her everyday. Lots and lots of read alouds.

• Like 1

I'm torn between wanting to do formal education with my 4yr old vs. just letting her be little and play all day and have fun.

Right now she's reading Bob Books and McGuffey Revised Primer. Takes just a few minutes a day.

Alphablocks on YouTube. She loves them.

Review counting (1-1 and skip) every once in awhile.

Add/sub to 10. Occasionally, only orally.

Let her play with sidewalk chalk and the white board to write if she wants.

I or her Dad read to her everyday. Lots and lots of read alouds.

Can you tell me more about the Alphablocks?  I've never heard of them.   I went to youtube to check them out, and it appears that there are different levels.  What order do you do the levels in and where do you start?   

Thanks!

Can you tell me more about the Alphablocks? I've never heard of them. I went to youtube to check them out, and it appears that there are different levels. What order do you do the levels in and where do you start?

Thanks!

It's a series. Type in Alphablocks season 1 episode 1. It starts with the alphabet. The letters make their sounds and when they hold hands they sound out the word.

They actually have an entire phonics program that they sell but it's in the UK.

• Like 2

It's a series. Type in Alphablocks season 1 episode 1. It starts with the alphabet. The letters make their sounds and when they hold hands they sound out the word.

They actually have an entire phonics program that they sell but it's in the UK.

Wow!  What a great show!   Thanks for that.   My preschooler also didn't care for leap frog, but this might make a great alternative.   

Just updating my own post. We've moved some things around as we get closer to the new year.

Phonics: Primary Arts of Language Reading 

He takes private piano lessons in-home as well, so we'll count that as "music." Him and his 8 year old brother also take ballet and tap (out for summer; will resume in fall), so we'll count that as "PE," lol.

Marco will be 5 in late June. We're teetering between Pre-K and K. He knows all his letters and basic letter sounds, knows his numbers (by sight), counts objects well, and seems to understand addition and subtraction as concepts. He writes well. He is, however, delayed in language (autistic with a dual receptive/expressive language delay), so I'm hesitant about my plans. He needs the structure and craves it, so I did plan his year -- and we'll see how it goes.

Phonics: Phonics Pathways with the "flashcard / flashback" technique used in Dancing Bears (which I use with my middle son)

Math: Miquon

Handwriting: Finish up Simply Classical Copybook 1, move into 2

Tag-along as he pleases with Middle DS: Memoria Press Grades 1 & 2 Enrichment (literature and language skills), science, American Studies, Ancient Studies, Morning Meeting (recitation, fine arts, geography, religion read alouds -- Morning Meeting includes everyone, even DD15)

Edited by AimeeM

• 2 weeks later...

We will be starting preschool in a few weeks.  It's a test for my husband to show him this homeschool thing can work.

Very little listed will be done every day.  I can't imagine doing it all in any one day.  I plan to add 15-25 minutes of "instruction" 3-4 days a week and continue our 20+ minutes of reading daily.  

I have and plan to use:

Finish Rod & Staff About 3 series

Start the Rod & Staff ABC series

Continue/Finish Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 1

Possible start Saxon math K

Continue Phonics pathways very slowly

Getting Ready to Read by CTP (games)

Preschool Centers Bundle by Lavinia Pop on TpT

Hands On Thinking Skills from CTC

Awanas through church + Children's Bible Reading

Lots of Library Books

Kumon cutting/coloring/sticker/glue

Fine Motor Games and Activities

Various Preschool Board Games

My daughter is going to be 4 at the end of November. She's been using Home CEO preschool and knows her letters, sounds, shapes, colors, numbers, and beginning math. Here's our plan for next year's pre-k for 3-4:

Continue with the next level of Home CEO preschool. This includes all subjects, themed book lists, printables and more. It only takes about half an hour or so per day and we would recommend it overall. But she loves "doing school" along with her 7th grade sister and me (full-time student), so we're adding more. Everything is done at her pace and at her request at this point.

We have a Timberdoodle pre-k set from two years ago. There are logic games and workbooks and a few cutting and drawing workbooks she hasn't finished, and we'll keep working through them. Since I ordered these a while ago I'm fuzzy on the titles. Building thinking skills, mathematical reasoning, night and day..

We're going to use Ordinary Parents Guide to teach reading along with fun-time phonics. Her small motor skills lag far behind her other abilities at this moment, so we like that these don't involve writing. There's some phonics in her preschool packet but it's not moving quickly enough for her and we'll use it as review instead. We'll keep using the beginning handwriting pages in her pre-k packet and switch to italics next year. I just ordered her a pencil grip that we're hoping might help when it comes.

For math were adding in kitchen table math. I also got MCP Math Level K to go along with it (slowly) and her pre-k packet has a lot of worksheets about patterns, heavy v. light, etc. We also ordered tons of manipulatives, such as a clock, balance w weights, cuisenaire rods, pattern blocks, geosolids, etc.

For history/geography we're using an inflatable globe, a felt map with felt animals from around the world, books and the MESS guide on dinos. The pre-k packet has a lot on different countries, history of holidays, etc.

For science we're using Science Play!, MESS guides and the handbook of nature study along with pre-k chemistry and magnet kits.

She has tons of books of her own, plus we visit the library every week for new ones. We use story stretchers (both free guides online and those in the books by that name). We're going to introduce audiobooks this year starting with Pooh and Jim Weiss.

She memorizes a new song or poem each week (part of the pre-k packet) and has lots of instruments. Her sister teaches her trumpet, drumming, recorder, piano, ukelele, you name it. She loves to paint and use clay. The pre-k packet has lots of crafts, too.

For my oldest all we did was surround ourselves with books and utilize teachable moments. Kids are so different. That's really enough in some cases. Even with all this stuff, which may look crazy, she'll spend the majority of her day playing engines or listening to Raffi. Can't wait for this school year :)

Please excuse my writing, I'm on my cellphone.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I replied to an earlier K plans thread, but I'm not sure and can't find it now. I have a young K, she just turned 5 in July.

Singapore Math Essentials, maybe into 1a

OPGTR and the Usborne Reading Library

ZB K

Kumon K Logic, Spatial reasoning, and same & different books

I add books for her to our daily read aloud time with her big sis.

We started already and her work isn't taking us long at all. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to add BYL K next week. 

I have a 4 and a soon to be 3, they will both be preschool/prek this year, and both kindergarten next year. We have however started our pre/k year as of MAY 1 - as an attempt to bring my children's learning levels closer together for easier teaching. DD was 3 when we started now 4, and DS will be 3 about a month into the formal pre/k year.

Summer school was Evan-Moor in this order: Think and Do, Do and Learn, and now the scholastic Jumbo Kindergarten Workbook, however two sections from it are being reserved for the actual school year - Word Building, the Flashcards, and Getting Ready for Grade 1. 

I was hoping to be through lesson 50, but we are more likely to be through lesson 40. My children read actually advanced what is offered by the distar series, but we are behind simply due to time. I do not like to skip lessons, so no loss. I just want to be through distar before I deliver baby #3, and that is clearly going to happen so all is well.

Phonics was a combination of what they got as we went through distar, as well as the "Brighter Child" Phonics Cards. I have new cards to change out for the new year to trick them haha.

Reading is just a variety of k readers, and we have been working on our sight words with school zone flash cards for ages 5 and up... they know a handful by sight for sure, a lot they sound out and read which is fine as well. Want these memorized though.

Writing is my own system haha. It is going great though so I am not worried.

Math we are now counting and recognizing all numbers 0-100, understand greater than/less than, understand the concept of equals and balancing equations, addition, working through subtraction lol, and we are getting into the breakdown of shape types, like square vs rectangle vs parallelagram, etc...

We had breif lessons on plants/parts of plants, planets, food pyramid, color wheel, intro to chemistry, and did a lot even before summer school that I am not even counting like matching letter upper/lower activities and etc. They also know all 50 states on a map, and know the 50 states song in alphabetical order.

But moving on to my plans for Pre/K Fall/Winter Term:

Although I have not purchased a real formal plan or curriculum for anything, I have my own system that works very well for me.

Evan-Moor preschool skills sharpener for each, working on math, reading, and writing. I also have these in the kindergarten level ready to go so when we completely one grade level we can jump into the next. I view pre/k as just trying to get them caught up to K level before K lol.

I have the distar reading series to continue lesson 41 through lesson 100.

Math will be largely mastering addition and subtraction equations, word problems, and tables as well as mastering shapes and understanding graphs.

I am cutting out science and social studies outside of what we naturally talk about because at this point although they liked it, I did not find it very beneficial.

Patience with large and fine motor skills will be big too this year. DS2 is very lazy and needs to get his butt in gear, and DD4 likes to get distracted and goof off. Basically Character Building.

Life Skills also need mastered before baby like being able to go through the entire restroom routine without help, getting dressed, showering, I will brush teeth because that would be a nightmare of dental bills, and eating meals silently and with no mess as to have time to breastfeed adequately for #3. (I already have a rough plan for BFing #3 once I am back from birth into the winter/spring term.)

I currently spend 4 hours per day on schooling, but one hour is dedicated to the 30 min. meditation we do daily, 15 minutes for snack and snack clean up, and another 15 mins for all the potty breaks necessary. We all get up at 6am, start at 7am, done at 11am. Chores until lunch at 1130, nap at 12noon until 2pm when hubby is off work.

We are pretty predictable around here.

Wow I am typing a lot. lol