Menu

Practice reading graphs and charts for ACT type science questions?

I know that the best way to practice for the ACT science is to take real ACT science tests.  But this child needs some extra help in understanding table, charts and graphs and I would like for her to have more practice with that before we use the tests.

Are there any resources for reading charts and graphs at that level?

A search at Rainbowresource showed only this one as being fro 9th - adult so I may start with that if no one has suggestions.     Top Line Math:Data, Tables, and Graphs

Thanks,

Kendall 

Thank you all for the ideas. I'm so glad to know about the ACT science book(which I will be ordering) and the USA Today option. I had an ACT prep book with fake ACT tests on my shelves which I had forgotten about, so thanks Kai for making me remember that! We will work on some of this and then move back to the real tests.

Kendall

You might know about some of these already, but in case you don't here they are:

There is also their online practice for the science part http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation/science-practice-test-questions.html?page=0&chapter=0

They also provide the "Question of the Day" and can send you a weekly email with it. 

Also there are these YouTube videos (There are 8 of them):

The test booklet that corresponds with these videos is found at http://www.allpencilsdown.com/preparing-61C.pdf

Rosa

• Like 1