Menu

Please recommend photo sharing site.

SKL

Hi, as part of my scout newsletter duties, I need to share troop photos.  Attaching them to fancy biweekly newsletters is just too much work.

I would like to make the photos available online for all the scouts.  I have no idea how or what is the best option.  Here are my needs:

• Low cost or free.
  • Easy to use.
  • Possible to limit access (privacy) and provide access via a link or password.
  • Possible to categorize and perhaps subcategorize the photos, e.g., father/daughter dance, pinewood derby, service 1/2/3, ....
  • Reliable - it will be there for the long haul.
  • What else am I not considering?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I did a somewhat-similar setup for a co-op class, and we used Shutterfly. I made a class account, gave everyone who needed it the login + password, and parents were free to order / download / share pictures that they wanted. It DOES give *everyone* with access the right / ability to print / publish all the photos, but parents knew that in advance and agreed (and our pictures were all of Legos, not children, so it didn't really matter).

Ds' CS pack uses Google plus. No clue on how tricky the set up is, but membership/access is restricted. Once in everyone can get or print all the pics. One dad takes photos and manages the photo site this for the pack instead of being an official leader.