Menu

The Horsing Around Teachers Lounge 3-28-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Horsing around on the ranch this morning with BOTH kids. We'll be back later.

In the meantime,

What are you up to today? Here: see above.

Who has other livestock besides horses? Here: none. Just a dog and two cats.

What's your favorite hydrating drink? Here: water is okay but I prefer an electrolyte drink.

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 2

My dc are horsing around with violins this morning. dd is teaching ds 11 to play. Ds 13 is wanting to play with them, Irish Washerwoman in many variations of skill is sounding all over the house!  :laugh:

We foster a breeding stock standard poodle. He's a part of the local guide dog association breeding program. He's nuts, but we love him. He takes his "job" far too seriously and wants to hump anything that moves. ;)  Our timid cat is not happy about the situation.

Hydrating drink of choice is water. I carry my water bottle everywhere with me. 

• Like 2

School day here, but may be abbreviated somewhat in order to make a meal and take it to friends. Math, then grocery, then more school. Waiting for the chx in the oven to be done. 

Just one, not very smart hound dog mix here. He's fun and my kids love him, but he's stubborn and not eager to please. He is hyper this morning, so kids are taking him out for a walk right now.

Water, lots of water for me. 

• Like 2

I started painting my kitchen turquoise last night. Just put in another session. Should be done by the end of the week. Then a yellow/glitter backsplash, floor, and the final shelves and touches and DONE! Woo Hoo! 

Oh. I forgot the dining nook. That will be last. But it is within sight. 

I'm taking a break and then I'm thinking we'll head up to the mountain with our nature journals. I cleaned out the school closet, moved everything into the living room, in a covered shelf, so hopefully it will be safe from little hands who love to scribble. Found our nature journals that haven't been touched in years. I think about them often, but it's never the right time to use them. Today might be the day. "might" because I just put Luna down for a nap. We'll see how long she sleeps. 

No livestock here. We're not zoned for it :sad: But I'm planning for ducks when we get the house finished. 

Water for us. I found our water coolers in the closet. I'm excited to fill them up at the water station (tap water is highly questionable to not potable round here, so most people don't drink it) and take them with us up the mountain with our new collapsible water bottles. Woo wee, it's going to be a big day :rofl:  

• Like 4

Our only animal is the Noisiest Kitty in America. I'd consider some laying hens, but not here. Tomorrow we're going over to the ag school to visit some farm animals, though. This may be the last year we do that.

School is done. We have grocery shopping, cooking and then a field trip with the scouts.

We're able to filter and chill our tap water, and that's pretty good for hydration.

• Like 2

We had co-op earlier today and I will probably take a nap in a little while. I  :001_wub: naps.

I have a new favorite hydrating drink: Everly powdered mixes. They are natural (-ish), sugar-free, 0-5 calories each, and come in caffeinated and uncaffeinated versions. The Pomegranate Berry is *really* good. Plus, for every box sold, Everly provides rehydration salts to children sick with waterborne disease. I buy mine from Amazon.

ETA: No livestock. Just a very spoiled, very sweet little dog.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1

I used to have a horse. Loved her a lot. Now just a dog, two cats, a rabbit that has become mean in its old age and is going to be put down, and a tree frog that is being rehomed.

I drink water and unsweet tea. Mostly water but I do love McD's iced tea. It is a really nice blend.

As for today, NAR officiated for three high school rocket teams, drove to ds's apartment to help him move the last of his stuff out, and now sitting at Beaumobt Hospital with mom and father figure. He is pretty out of it so unable to be verbally abusive to me today. As long as this is the status quo, I will try to hang around and support mom.

• Like 2

Back from the ranch. DS12 really enjoyed his first horsemanship lesson. He's completely comfortable around the

horses, so that's a good thing! DD18 while she loves horses is not very comfortable in her ability to work around issues
while on the horse (uneven stirrups, leaning over to tighten said stirrup, etc). We'll get there though!

I also evidently need to send some encouraging words to dh today. He's feeling very frustrated with his loan officer job. He's

only actually been "official" (read: licensed) for about a month but he's been with the company since November. Just frustrated that

he's not seeing any fruit from his labor.

Kids have one hour for lunch break then the both know it's time to hit the books!

• Like 2

No livestock including horses. Water is good, but watered down juice is easier to slam down. One of those sports drinks or a watered down sports drink is okay too, but we rarely have those. 

Today was OT/Speech and swim&gym day. In between, we did Mystery Science (didn't get around to that last night, but the kids did do some Rosetta Stone - Celery did actually quite a bit, more than I asked him to do, so that surprised me (he's not a big fan of having to learn Dutch)). We finished listening to A Week in the Woods by Andrew Clements in the car, and went to the library briefly to pick up some holds, and the kids grabbed some books too. Then they read some of those in the car (because we live a whole 5 min from the library), and continued reading at home - Celery is still reading, Broccoli went to play outside. Oh, and I went to Michaels with Broccoli during Celery's OT/Speech and looked at their markers - they do sell individual markers, but they're more expensive than a pack of 10 Crayola markers (and I doubt they're the cheapest place to buy Crayola markers). So, I bought two 10-packs of markers (so I could have 2 black markers), since they were BOGO50%OFF I didn't care to see if I could find them elsewhere cheaper, so yay, got that done. And then we did LOF in the remaining half an hour or so.

• Like 3

Good afternoon! I'm really late today. 

Today was the book club that I lead. They actually didn't read a book this time. I did literary analysis/element review games. Then we read a short story together so we could discuss it. I used the TTC's version of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. I felt a real sense of satisfaction when one student said I needed to quit making him have sympathy for the "bad guys."   

No livestock of any kind here, just the two outdoor cats we own. 

I would say water is the most hydrating, but it's not my favorite to drink. I LOVE coffee and LOVE Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy decaf herbal tea. I also love Diet Pepsi but try to drink it only once a week or so. 

• Like 1

Today: We had taekwondo and school this morning.  Cameron baby-sat this afternoon.  Now Ani and Cameron are at work and I'm on the computer for the first time today.

Livestock: Nope.  We've just got a dog, two guinea pigs, and two sugar gliders.

Drink: Water.