Menu

What? Mr. Clean?

Night Elf

I just saw a commercial for Mr. Clean and he sidled up to the lady's front then turned to clean. He was moving in a provocative way then reality hit her and she saw a man, her DH?, standing there and she ran to him to kiss him and they fell over the couch. I've never been a prude, but I can't imagine them turning Mr. Clean into a sex symbol! Was that a good commercial?

See, I don't see a muscle man as sexy. I never thought about Mr. Clean in that way. He was just a symbol of how strong the product was for cleaning. This commercial I saw today is definitely showing him as a man doing the cleaning and not as a symbol of the product's usefulness. I just thought it was odd.

• Like 1

I saw Mr Clean in the flesh 20 years ago at the Halifax Airport. Totally freaked me out! The first thing that caught my eye was his super shiny face and bald head. I mean hyper-shiny coated with some kind of substance to make it look that way. It was NOT a turn-on.  :laugh:

Edited by wintermom

See, I don't see a muscle man as sexy. I never thought about Mr. Clean in that way. He was just a symbol of how strong the product was for cleaning. This commercial I saw today is definitely showing him as a man doing the cleaning and not as a symbol of the product's usefulness. I just thought it was odd.

I felt the same way when I saw it.....it's kinda funny and a little disturbing. 😀

I saw that commercial recently, and I thought it missed the mark. I feel like it played on the "horny housewife" stereotype. It did make me cringe.

I thought the commercial was kind of funny and a little cringy at the same time.  For certain, my man is very sexy when he does housework.  In that regard, I found it entertaining.  It is not making me run out and buy Mr. Clean products in the hopes my dh will clean, so in that regard it was a fail.

• Like 1

I saw Mr Clean in the flesh 20 years ago at the Halifax Airport. Totally freaked me out! The first thing that caught my eye was his super shiny face and bald head. I mean hyper-shiny coated with some kind of substance to make it look that way. It was NOT a turn-on.  :laugh:

What?  A real Mr. Clean!   :laugh:

Edited by J-rap

If a man is naturally balding, the hair follicles on his head grow really fine.  The act of shaving them exfoliates, and the result is a super shiny head, no product required.  The hair's oil follicles still produce, so on a hot day or if it's been a while since a shower, extra shine.

• Like 1

If a man is naturally balding, the hair follicles on his head grow really fine.  The act of shaving them exfoliates, and the result is a super shiny head, no product required.  The hair's oil follicles still produce, so on a hot day or if it's been a while since a shower, extra shine.

Oh no, this went way beyond normal shiny bald head. His clothes were also a give-away: pure white suit. 

Oh no, this went way beyond normal shiny bald head. His clothes were also a give-away: pure white suit.

I remember on vacation once, our restaurant server was a male with some...unusual facial presentation and makeup. His skin was glossy. DD was like, "What in the world? Did he oil his face?" It was strange. I mean, okay; you do you, whatever. But still. It was a really odd look.

I think it's a hilarious commercial. I laugh each and every time I see it.

Where's Toto has it exactly right: I think it was a play on the idea that the "hottest" guy is one who helps with the dishes.

Oh my gosh. I just watched it for the first time.

I thought it was hysterical. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

Oh my gosh. I just watched it for the first time.

I thought it was hysterical. 🤣🤣🤣

I just wastched it for the first time, too. And I vote funny.

But what is always so much fun on YouTube is looking at the other stuff that pops up along with the searched video. So I watched some of the Funniest News Bloopers compilation. And I nearly peed my pants!

• Like 1

I don't know really. Finding Mr. Clean sexy is like taking a second glance at the Tidy Bowl Man. I don't find anything about house cleaning sexy. My DH does a lot around the house but it's all expected. I mean, you can't live with people and not do anything. At least not in my life. I do house cleaning every day and I don't feel sexier because of it either. It's just chores!

• Like 3