Menu

Your favorite soap for the shower?

MamaBearTeacher

Saavy Naturals shower gel. I buy it from their website. I tried from buying it from Amazon once and got imposter soap! It's my favorite soap on earth. No residue, leaves skin so soft you don't need lotion either. :)

Saavy Naturals shower gel. I buy it from their website. I tried from buying it from Amazon once and got imposter soap! It's my favorite soap on earth. No residue, leaves skin so soft you don't need lotion either. :)

Is it the Body Wash? Which scent(s) do you love?

OP, I like these bars from Whole Foods called Good Soap (? I think). My favorite is the lavender one. I also like plain 'ol Dove bar soap.

ETA: I have fairly dry, sensitive skin.

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 1

Is it the Body Wash? Which scent(s) do you love?

OP, I like these bars from Whole Foods called Good Soap (? I think). My favorite is the lavender one. I also like plain 'ol Dove bar soap.

ETA: I have fairly dry, sensitive skin.

Yes, the body wash- sorry, it's early and brain isnt 100%. My favorites are the Mango Papya and also Tahitian Vanilla. The green tea and lime wasn't bad either, but I'm partial to the first two. I have loved all of their products except their shampoo. It just didn't lather enough for me and left my hair a tangled mess. But their scrubs are good, and lotions are excellent too- thick but soak in quickly and are not greasy.

I WANT to use all sorts of fun ones, and natural ones, etc. 

But...what works best on my sensitive skin is, oddly enough, Caress body wash, the original Cashmere scent one. 

That said, bath and body works has some aromatherapy ones that are awesome, and my husband's cousin has an etsy shop where she sells amazing hand made soaps (Sultry Smooth Essentials is the brand) that I love for hand washing but for regular showers nothing beats Caress on a body pouf. 

Dr. Bronner's liquid soap in a pump dispenser. We buy it at Whole Foods--one of our local ones seems to have a bizarrely low price on it. I originally switched over to it because we were using it to clean a million things, so I figured why buy body soap too? But a couple of months ago I couldn't get it so we had to us a bar soap, and my skin (especially my face) was so much drier and flakier and uncomfortable the whole time. I finally figured out it was the bar soap and switched back immediately. Took a week or so for that effect to wear off, but it did, and it's Dr. B's for us from now on!

• Like 1

Dove bar soap for my shower and a bottle of body wash.  The wash changes out but the Dove stays the same.  The wash is Phiosophy, Dove, Aveeno or Alba.

For the kids bath, I only buy body wash.  They get Aveeno or Dove. DD18 picks out the scent. 

• Like 1

I love Shea Moisture body wash. I like the coconut hibiscus, and the super fruit.

I also adore the body scrub. I take that to the tub, usually. And the massage oil rocks, too.

I can't find those products at Target or the grocery store (they only carry the hair stuff), so I buy them at Rite Aid or from Amazon.

I travel a good deal and have started picking up soaps local to the community where I am traveling to bring home.  Whenever I shower or open a new bar, it brings back vacation memories.  It's also nice when family members travel and bring back soaps--there are easily packed, small, non-breakable items that are consumable.  If I buy soap at the store--usually it is just Ivory.

• Like 3

I like to change it up. Right now I'm using Starry Night from The Soaperie, which is local to me (and I appreciate that she doesn't use palm oil). It's lasting a long time for me, so worth the $$.

I also like the Alaffia Good Soap from Whole Foods, and that's what I keep on hand if we're not using something else.

For hand soap, I like the lime salt bar from Apple Valley. That stuff is sturdy! Lasts for months. And it smells nice.

I don't really use make-up or perfume at all, so fancy soap is my indulgence. ;)

Edited by whitehawk

We love the foaming body wash by Dove.  There are a few different kinds.  I just like anything that is in big pump containers because we go through it so fast!  Dd uses Dove's unscented body wash exclusively for her sensitive skin.  (Ds 15 like's Dial's Spring Water body wash and the 2 adult men in the house use Dove for Men)

I switched to Shea Moisture bar soaps about a year ago. My favorite is the Frankincense and Myrrh. My son uses the African black soap for everyday showering and Defense bar for after wrestling (trying to avoid all those nasty mat germs). The Shea Moisture bars last for months! We just keep the bar on one of those little soap mats. It looks like a sponge or a scrubby but it doesn't hold the moisture so the bar dries quickly. It came in a two-pack from Walmart. 

I have finally given up on body wash (unless it's one I made myself from African black soap or castile).

https://www.amazon.com/Shea-Moisture-Raw-Butter-Soap-8/dp/B009IN3ZGG/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1490727227&sr=1-1&keywords=shea%2Bmoisture%2Bbar%2Bsoap&th=1

My locally owned supermarket carries a local soap maker's bars.  I don't mess with all his yummy looking scents and colors, I just go for his plain bar.  It's kept me from being reptilian two winters in a row now!

I still buy my 6 and 9yos J&J (or generic J&J) and my teens whatever junk is on sale because they're all wasteful little monsters.  :001_tt2:

Does all African Black soap have a super floral type smell? My Mom bought dd some to try on her face from Sally's beauty supply and the smell was so overwhelmingly flowery strong she couldn't use it.

Does all African Black soap have a super floral type smell? My Mom bought dd some to try on her face from Sally's beauty supply and the smell was so overwhelmingly flowery strong she couldn't use it.

Our African black soap has almost no scent at all. I bought the 1 lb block of raw ABS, shaved some thin pieces off the block and added them to a bottle with filtered water. I can then add aloe, essentials oils (or nothing). I let it dissolve overnight and it turns into a body wash. Some people slice a larger piece off of the block and use it as a bar soap. It is easy to slice.  My ds15 is mainly the one who uses it. This block is going to last forever at the rate we're using it.

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-African-Black-Soap-Anti-fungal/dp/B01CLTDH3O/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1490783124&sr=8-3&keywords=african%2Bblack%2Bsoap&th=1

• Like 1

Jason's body wash. I like the Cranberry scented one. I keep it on a shelf in the shower. I keep the spare under my bathroom sink. My girls love it too, so they often will steal my spare for their shower. That is fine as long as you let me know so I can replace it.