Menu

San Diego folks - things to do for a morning (8am-noon)? Old Town?

Um_2_4

So we are going to san diego for 5 days, but the last day (a Friday) we will have a window where I want something to do while waiting for DH's conference to finish (12-12:30, might be earlier).

We will have to check out by 11, but DH may have to handle the check out earlier because of reimbursement etc. If he doesn't, I could just drop DH at the conference, go back, have breakfast at the hotel, check out and then we would have like 1-2 hours to fill.  But let's assume we check out at 8am....

I can't find much open before 10am??? Where to go for 4 hours??? Any ideas?

I don't want to wonder to far from the old town area where the conference is located.

Old town is fun, or that's plenty of time to do one or two of the museums at balboa.

I would totally go back to Balboa, but nothing there opens before 10am. I'm looking at 8am- noon. I guess we could hang out in the park, wait for one to open at 10, then head out at 11:45 to p/u DH.

Personally when we lived there I loved Balboa before the museums opened. It was peaceful and we could wander the gardens, watch the fish, and explore without the crowds.

Another option is the area around seaport village. Shops won't be open but you can explore the sculptures (my kids loved the V-J day kiss sculpture. It's huge!), watch boats come and go, and just enjoy the harbor. There are grassy areas to play if you have a frisbee or something.