Menu

PSA - Mama Mary's Gluten Free Pizza Crusts

Jean in Newcastle

On Friday, I bought a package of Mama Mary's gluten free pizza crusts for a build-your-own-pizza night.  I went to open the package and fortunately looked at the ingredient list.  The very first ingredient was whole wheat flour!  I notified the grocery store and asked them to remove the product and to notify the manufacturer.  We checked the shelves and some of them were marked as using gluten free flour but others labeled gluten free were marked as using whole wheat flour.  It was too late in the day to notify them myself and the manufacturers were not open at all over the weekend.  I did send them a detailed e-mail notifying them off the problem.  I have gotten zero response from  Mama Mary's.  So I'm sending out my own PSA to those of you who are gluten free and who might use this product.  Please check the ingredient list carefully.  I'm actually very disappointed in this manufacturer because I fully expected them to issue a recall order and I have seen nothing when I've checked. 

• Like 6