Menu

Coming back to homeschooling!

I was pretty sure my homeschooling days were over when my older daughter started high school last fall. We'd had a great run and I felt very successful.  I sold or gave away almost all of my materials a few months ago. 

Now my younger daughter who has never ever wanted to be homeschooled has been asking to do it next year for 8th grade. She wants to spend more time training for tennis and has been missing a lot of school for tournaments and she frankly hasn't been loving our public middle school.  So I'm happily back on homeschooling duty for one more year.  I think it'll be a lot of fun and really good for our relationship and her overall emotional state.   She's a very bright kid, but very math and science oriented.  I'm looking forward to working on spelling and handwriting with her finally... and also encouraging an interest in reading and humanities. 

• Like 12

I also thought I was done homeschooling when our kids all went to Christian school, but my youngest ds10, has asked to be homeschooled next year for grade 6. He said he wants to get ahead in math, and the teacher won't let him, lol. 

But I am excited to be homeschooling again, and am already making plans for the fall! 

• Like 3