Menu

online art class?

TTUISD courses are Asynchronous "Distance Learning" courses, which may or may not be what you are looking for. My DD took their Middle School Art Course and she loved it. She is currently taking the High School Art course. Those courses are a *lot* of work, but if your student is highly motivated and eager to learn the subject, they will.  

BTW, you can enroll in TTUISD courses as a Supplemental student, without enrolling as a Full time student. The Final Exams must be given by an Approved Proctor (a school teacher, etc.)

DD submits photos of her work, etc.

GL with what you decide on!

ETA:  I am guessing that your student should take the "Middle School Art course, first, if you are interested in this.  I am assuming that the High School Art course builds on what was taught in the MIddle School course. 

Edited by Lanny

Follow on to my reply in post #2:    My DD says that if your DS is a High School student, he will be OK taking the High School Art course, without having previously taken the Middle School Art course.     Also, of possible interest, she told me that several years ago she used cgcookie.com   Parts of it are free and parts of it require that you pay.  HTH

TTUISD courses are Asynchronous "Distance Learning" courses, which may or may not be what you are looking for. My DD took their Middle School Art Course and she loved it. She is currently taking the High School Art course. Those courses are a *lot* of work, but if your student is highly motivated and eager to learn the subject, they will.

BTW, you can enroll in TTUISD courses as a Supplemental student, without enrolling as a Full time student. The Final Exams must be given by an Approved Proctor (a school teacher, etc.)

DD submits photos of her work, etc.

GL with what you decide on!

ETA: I am guessing that your student should take the "Middle School Art course, first, if you are interested in this. I am assuming that the High School Art course builds on what was taught in the MIddle School course.

What does TTUISD stand for?

Also, at Bright Ideas Press Academy: https://academy.brightideaspress.com/classes/live-classes/high-school/high-school-electives-life-skills/ 

Art I

Full year

Teacher:  Jennifer Totaro

Recommended Grade Level:  9-12

Day and Time:  Fridays at 11 am ET

Prerequisites:  None

Course Materials:  No text required, list of materials to be provided

Description: Pablo Picasso is quoted as saying, “The purpose of art is washing the dust of

daily life off our souls.â€

Given that we are created in the image of the greatest artist ever, it is certain that we were each meant to see and express the beauty around us. Too often, we get bogged down by the “dust of daily life†and forget to view the art that surrounds us. Whether in the natural world, man-made design or fine art, the Elements of Art and Principles of Design, help us to understand and view the world in a refreshing way that allow us to shake off that dust. Using both a lecture and hands-on approach, each student will be encouraged to consider art with a new outlook. Whether a born artist, or fulfilling a needed requirement, students will be encouraged to find their own creative outlet, as well as to view art with a newfound sense of understanding and clarity. Using a variety of mediums and realizing that all skills improve with practice, art assignments are given with the expectation that students will improve as they progress through class. Encouragement is stressed and the expectation of perfection is discredited as each student gains in their ability and self-confidence. If your desire is to understand what goes into creating pleasing art and visual designs, as well as improve your artistic skills, this class is for you!

Excelsior Academy has Art History classes that kind of stretch art into new areas.  Julie Rapalje is the teacher.

http://excelsiorclasses.com/the-arts/

And there are quite a few graphics arts classes.

http://excelsiorclasses.com/graphic-design/

There are also regular art classes, as mentioned up thread.

Rapalje also has two art clubs starting this fall that look really interesting.  One covers prep for admittance into a college level art program and the other helps with prep for entrepreneurship.  Scroll down to find the art stuff:

http://excelsiorclasses.com/clubs/