Menu

My poor mom

Night Elf

Due to major medical expenses and care for my stepdad, he and my mom had to move out of their apartment and in with my grandmother. It's a long story. DH and I went over to help her clean out her apartment of all the stuff she couldn't get to when she officially moved a week ago. It was a 4 hour job. As we were leaving the apartment for the last time mom started crying. I tried to console her but didn't know what to say. I did the best I could. When I left her she was feeling a bit better. I really hope this turns out to be a blessing in disguise for her. She's worried and I don't know how to reassure her that things will be okay.

• Like 1

I am so sorry. That is just wrong.

I'm amazed at a 4-hour job to clean out the apartment, though. The task of cleaning our my parents' home or my MIL's will easily amount to four weeks. At least. Your mom must be good about not having a lot of excess stuff.

• Like 4

I am so sorry. That is just wrong.

I'm amazed at a 4-hour job to clean out the apartment, though. The task of cleaning our my parents' home or my MIL's will easily amount to four weeks. At least. Your mom must be good about not having a lot of excess stuff.

She already got the bulk of it done by the time she moved on the 17th. She had been packing for two weeks and had a small apartment. The second bedroom was one big storage so everything was already in boxes in there. Finally I told her on the 16th when we were there, to leave everything not done and we'd come back on the 25th to wrap things up. It was her, DH and me and we got it done fairly quickly. She donated a lot of stuff and most of what she had left was trash. We just filled bag after bag. We had to take some stuff to her storage unit and the rest to Grandma's house. She didn't need to clean the apartment much because the landlord is coming in to clean it. He's laying all new carpeting, and new linoleum in the bathrooms. She did clean the kitchen counters and sink, and the bathrooms but it was easy enough to do. We left all the trash in the garage because the landlord said he'd take care of it. I think it's because he knows my stepdad and is aware of the awful mess they're in.

• Like 2

She already got the bulk of it done by the time she moved on the 17th. She had been packing for two weeks and had a small apartment. The second bedroom was one big storage so everything was already in boxes in there. Finally I told her on the 16th when we were there, to leave everything not done and we'd come back on the 25th to wrap things up. It was her, DH and me and we got it done fairly quickly. She donated a lot of stuff and most of what she had left was trash. We just filled bag after bag. We had to take some stuff to her storage unit and the rest to Grandma's house. She didn't need to clean the apartment much because the landlord is coming in to clean it. He's laying all new carpeting, and new linoleum in the bathrooms. She did clean the kitchen counters and sink, and the bathrooms but it was easy enough to do. We left all the trash in the garage because the landlord said he'd take care of it. I think it's because he knows my stepdad and is aware of the awful mess they're in.

I see. That makes sense. Thank God for a compassionate Landlord.

• Like 3