Menu

Common App paper version

lewelma

I've got a practice account, and I'm having to click and click and click to see what is there.  Is there a button somewhere that just turns the application into one of those old fashioned paper versions that I had to fill in like 25 years ago?  It would be very helpful for me to get my head around what info I need to collect and organize. 

Thanks,

Ruth in NZ

Hurray!  :hurray:

You are awesome! Printing it now.  Boy it is just so much more compact than 100 hyperlinked pages! Seems so much more doable.

There are some other good helps there, like the how to videos.  And College Wise puts out an annual how to manual for the common app that is really useful.

As you go along in filling out the counselor section of the app, there are sections that will give you a preview option.  That will show you a pdf that takes your answers to the questions and puts them into a pre-formatted document.  That was useful for me to see how things would be compiled.  

• Like 2

I am wondering that too.  How do you sign up for a practice account? 

When I did it 2 years ago, I used a second email address that I had (different from what I used as a counselor and different from ds's address).  When I set up the account, there was a section that asked if you were a student applying to be a freshman, a transfer student, a counselor curious about Common App or a Teacher curious about Common app.  I said I was a Counselor curious about CA.