Menu

Where is the oddest place you found your lost phone.

lynn

I find mine slid between the sear and center consol of my car a lot when I think I have lost it.

Try calling it....even if you don't have a landline to call from there is a way to call from a computer. I forget the exact name but type in call my phone and it should pop up.

Edited by Beaniemom
  • Like 2

Dd lost hers in an electronics store restroom. Thank goodness an employee found it and the store was able to track her down to give it back.

How about the counter of the thrift store? Did you call him before or after you were in the store?

In a different pocket in your purse than you normally use?

Under the car seat or in the crease of the seat that you sit on?

In the dog crate. My dog helps me by putting all my "things" like keys, socks, phone, etc. in her crate for me. So if I can't find something, the dog crate is the first place I look. She also tries to unload the dryer which leads to another load going into the washer. 

• Like 3

Does your provider have a Find My Phone app?

We just used (and found) a college dd's phone last night.  It was lost in her car and driving all over Gainesville FL as she was retracing her steps.  Too funny. My husband and I were literally watching it travel around, but as she had no phone and her passenger's phone was dead, there was no way to reach her to share this information.  Sigh.

• Like 1

Not an iphone but I'd been missing my newish itouch for at least a year.  I knew that my daughter had been playing with it on the couch when it disappeared.  We decided to give the couch to my oldest dd last week when she moved out (new furniture for me!).  Before we moved it, I took staples off the back and there was the missing itouch laying at the very bottom of the couch!  Along with a  lot of other stuff.

Later that day after charging it I got a notice from "Find my iphone" that my itouch had been found at the neighbor's address - at least it was close.

Not an iphone but I'd been missing my newish itouch for at least a year.  I knew that my daughter had been playing with it on the couch when it disappeared.  We decided to give the couch to my oldest dd last week when she moved out (new furniture for me!).  Before we moved it, I took staples off the back and there was the missing itouch laying at the very bottom of the couch!  Along with a  lot of other stuff.

Later that day after charging it I got a notice from "Find my iphone" that my itouch had been found at the neighbor's address - at least it was close.

DD lost the ipad in her room.  Find my iphone kept telling us it out in front of the house in the street.  Turns out it had slipped between the footboard and mattress. 

• Like 1

My worst "Find My Iphone" is when I was working in a highrise, couldn't find my phone for a couple hours, and  "Find my iphone" said it was 3 blocks away.  In a jampacked downtown . This was a secure building (need a badge to get in) and I knew it wasn't a colleague because we were all still working .  Could it be maintenance?  Could it be the lady who waters the plants? The IT guy?  

I called security so they were aware.

Turns out it was in my breastpump case in the nursing lounge.

• Like 1

To echo what Jenn in FL wrote in post #10, hopefully a "Find Your Phone" App or Service was installed and activated. We are 100% Android here.  In the Dummies Book for Android Phones, he recommends  installing a Find Your Phone App. However, he recommends that if one has a Samsung (I'm the only one in the house not on a Motorola or Lenovo) that the Samsung service is better. I registered for the Samsung service last year and then I tested the service, to see if it would work. It found my phone right away and showed me on the Samsung web site.  When I picked the phone up, to turn it off, it said "This Phone is Lost" or something like that.  I think I had to turn it off or restart it, to get it to be quiet.  Would also be nice to be able to remotely wipe a phone that has been lost or stolen...  And then, notify the provider what the IMEI number is and ask them to block the IMEI number.

• Like 1

I could not remember if the free Samsung service can wipe a phone that was lost or stolen. I was curious and logged into my Samsung account. It can lock and wipe a phone. Tonight it thought my phone was 1 street over.

Sent from my SM-G355M using Tapatalk

DD just lost her Iphone last week and discovered that her cheer coach had taken it so she would pay attention to the state championships games she was cheering at. Both Boys and Girls won North State, a record and the cheer coach wanted the cheerleaders to care, lol.

Oh wow.

I searched our house from top to bottom for two days. Find my Phone app insisted it was at our house, but I would have sworn I looked every.imaginable.place.

The next day I was composing an opus (secret family code that means leave me alone!) in the bathroom when the metal toilet tissue canister next to me started rattling and vibrating. I freaked out, imagining a snake or something.

Potty training daughter had hidden the phone in there and someone called at just the right moment:)

• Like 1

Once I found it under the cushion in one of my cats' beds.  There is one (the calico) who likes to take my phone and sleep on top of it.  Sometimes she shoves it under her cushion, sometimes not.  And, just my one particular work phone (I have two work phones and my own phone).  No other phones, and no one else's phones.  Just that one particular phone.  It is the exact same model as my other work phone, but she never takes that other one.  I don't know quite what to make of that.  

Edited by Audrey
  • Like 3

When I told my wife about this thread (and my test of the Samsung Find My Phone service) she told me about this Google service for Android phones. If an Android phone has a Google account and is set up correctly, they have this service:  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en  I just tried it and it said it is accurate to within 24 meters. Possibly if someone has a more expensive phone, it is more accurate than that. My phone is a very low end Samsung made during 2014.