Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Submit reports

Write a shopping list and email to dh  :)

Work on academic project

Walk dog

Dare I snatch dog's blanket from her and launder it??

Get ready for work appointment

Write reports in evening

Drink more tea until throat is better ;)

• Like 7

Jean, praying for you and the biopsy results.

Today:

Finish prepping for Latin

Read City of God

Get 15 yo up and get her breakfast (on soft foods because of new invisalign braces)

Try to confirm certamen registration

Take 15 yo to her Bio lab

Go to co-op for Latin

Register for gardening class at co-op - sounds fun!

Pick up something for dinner

Read more City of God

Take 18 yo to his English class

Read more!

Dinner???

Finish reading and attend book discussion.

• Like 6

Jean, praying for good results!

Done:

coffee

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

To Do:

meals

make a school list for ds

laundry

tidy house

start labeling books for a used book sale next week  

work on book club plans for next week (trying to plan hands-on stations to review literary elements)

take ds to swim practice

watch Designated Survivor

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning!  My oldest has finally gone back to school after his stomach issues.  I'm halfway expecting a call to pick him up at some point though.  Dang stomach virus.

-coffee and get ready

-take oldest to school

-school with youngest

-cook pasta for tonight's dinner

-laundry

-try to get some sun and read

-pick up oldest from school

-take oldest to baseball

-dinner (shrimp scampi for kids; Whole30 shrimp salad for me)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 3

Did not hear my extra early alarm (and not sure why it didn't keep ringing).  New phone - must work differently.

I woke up having a nightmare about terrorists.  Then tossed and turned as I worried about work.  Finally got up and did some work.

Got the kids up and off to the school bus.  Tried to prepare them somewhat for the review for their AHG religious emblem.  Although we did all the work and the kids were given multiple reminders over the past week to review it, when I asked them some of the questions yesterday they were like, "duh."  I just hope their teacher looks at the book and gives them credit for doing it.  Come to think about it, he may have no idea where to sign off, because I didn't mark it.  Ugh.  Hopefully the kids were paying attention when I was trying to figure that out myself a couple weeks ago.  Today is the deadline - no signature, no emblem.

I have lots of work to pump out, preferably in the morning.  I have a conference call at 3pm IIRC, but hopefully I can just listen in.

Hoping to sneak in a little reading, exercise, and housework.

Try to see if the kids are ready to be reviewed for any scout badges / pins.

Kids' work.

Kids to scouts (hopefully early) - hope I remember to bring the stuff they need for their "invention."  There is a mandatory parent meeting at scouts - oh goody.  They will want commitment to do more stuff for the troop next year.  Hopefully I will not be asked to do another regular role besides the newsletter.

More kids' work / read-aloud.  Kids to bed.

Work.

• Like 4

Good morning! 

Jean, I hope you get good news.

Liz, I hope your throat feels better soon.

Pink and Green, I hope your ds makes it through the school day!

Yesterday we found out why our dog has been having so much pain in his front leg. Apparently, in his former life as a stray before we adopted him, he got shot by someone.  :mad:  The vet called me after doing x-rays and said she had never seen anything like it, his legs are full of shotgun pellets. There are over twenty in his right leg, which is the leg he's been limping on. She thinks that some of the pellets have migrated over the years and are now aggravating a tendon. Unfortunately, surgery to remove them would be very difficult and could possibly cause more damage than he has now, so we are going to try pain meds and restricted activity and see if that helps. 

•everything I didn't get done yesterday

•make shopping list

•school

•errands (post office, gas)

•groceries

•bookstore

•dd Equestrian Club

•dinner=takeout

• Like 3

Hoping for good results, Jean. Fairly busy day here, dd2 is off to school and ds3 is about to leave for his enrichment day. I am meeting a friend for our birthday lunch (our birthdays are two days apart and I was gone last week). Dd2 is flying on a red eye to visit dd1 for her spring break, so a late night trip to the airport is in my future.

To do:

take ds3

work on writing/essays with ds2

lunch

general chores

laundry

dh takes judo run

ds3 has swimming

dd2 will nap and pack

Head to airport around 10:30 pm

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Got a call from the doc about the blood sample they took yesterday.  They say I need to take vitamin D again.  LDL is slightly above optimal (probably because of those cookies I ate at midnight the night before).  (I wasn't asked to fast as I didn't expect a blood test.)

I'm like, wow, they actually called me back and told me a result.  The next morning.  I like this place.

• Like 2