Menu

Mistakes were made..

PrincessMommy

I haven't slept well the last few nights.  Today I just couldn't make it through the day without a nap.  I set my alarm for 30min and didn't get up when I should have.  I slept for 1hr 10min.  :scared:

Now it's coming up on 2am and I'm not even a little sleepy.  

I've caught up on some homework and finished setting up a new project on my loom.  Fortunately, my youngest is away on a school trip this week and I don't have to go anywhere until 1pm tomorrow.  

Off to watch our own WTMer on Jeopardy and then for a relaxing bath with a good book.

• Like 1

Here's an app for some smarty pants to develop:  Here are all my friends I like to talk to but we never have time.  However, half of us are awake half the night half the time.  The app is a sign-in system for "I'M AWAKE!  LET's CHAT!"

My ND gave me a suggestion for something to help with insomnia. I plan on trying it tonight. 

you take a banana (unpeeled), cut off the ends, put it in a pan of water and boil it for 10 minutes.  strain the water and drink it as a tea before you go to bed.  the peel especially is rich in magnesium and potassium and are supposed to help you sleep.  further reading indicated it is best for the type of insomnia that wakes you up in the middle of the night.

• Like 2

Here's an app for some smarty pants to develop:  Here are all my friends I like to talk to but we never have time.  However, half of us are awake half the night half the time.  The app is a sign-in system for "I'M AWAKE!  LET's CHAT!"

I like this idea.

There's definitely a need for it.  I've talked to friends, after the fact, and found that we were awake at the same time.  This has happened on more than one occasion.

My ND gave me a suggestion for something to help with insomnia. I plan on trying it tonight. 

you take a banana (unpeeled), cut off the ends, put it in a pan of water and boil it for 10 minutes.  strain the water and drink it as a tea before you go to bed.  the peel especially is rich in magnesium and potassium and are supposed to help you sleep.  further reading indicated it is best for the type of insomnia that wakes you up in the middle of the night.

Interesting.  Let us know how it goes.   I think I'd rather just take my magnesium in pill form though. :laugh:

Interesting.  Let us know how it goes.   I think I'd rather just take my magnesium in pill form though. :laugh:

If you try the banana thing and it doesn't work, you can make banana bread at 2 am. 

There IS an app that works along these lines.  It is utterly amazing and blazingly fast.    :party:

My college kids pointed me in its direction.   :lol:

We started using it last summer when one of my dds spent the summer in Ireland.  I could literally find that child anywhere!

It's called Telegram and works with both iphones and androids.  You can create many different message or chat groups and you can see when members of these groups are on line or when they were last active online.  I have it on my phone and my laptop.  You can also send voice messages using Telegram, but I have not personally done this.

Seriously, check it out!   :thumbup:

https://telegram.org/

• Like 2

If you try the banana thing and it doesn't work, you can make banana bread at 2 am. 

OK - I tried it. my advice - drink it at a reasonable hour in the evening. maybe half hour before you want to be in bed and asleep.

I thought I added too much water (the banana was floating - next time I will use less water)  and like I didn't drink that much. I guess I did drink at least one mug worth.  I have a lot left over and I stuck it in the fridge.  I'll see if it's possible to use the leftover, so this will be several days worth of experiments to see if it actually works.

My alarm woke me up (and I was dreaming) - I want to go back to bed.

I did wake up to use the bathroom - but went right back to sleep.

I will certainly try it tonight.  dh has consented to try it.

I think there is something else in the peel that isn't in the banana itself - and more than "just" potassium and magnesium.  possibly something that is changed by the heating.

• Like 1

Here's an app for some smarty pants to develop: Here are all my friends I like to talk to but we never have time. However, half of us are awake half the night half the time. The app is a sign-in system for "I'M AWAKE! LET's CHAT!"

When my older kids were babies, a large group of moms from our parenting board had an on going chat room where we could pop in whenever we were trapped under a baby, or stuck in a chair, day or night.

• Like 1