Menu

CC credits

How do CC credits translate into high school credits? A semester of Econ is a 3 credit class at our CC. A semester of foreign language at CC is a 5 credit class, and a semester of some sciences is 4 credits. So for a DE student, would you grant 1 credit per course irregardless of how many credits (3,4, or 5) they are actually listed as at CC? We will DE a 5 credit foreign language class next year, so I am particularly interested in that one.

I am counting 1 semester course as equivalent to 1 year high school credit. The Japanese class she is taking this semester claims to be the equivalent of 2 years high school Japanese but I don't plan to give her more than 1 year's credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am counting 1 semester course as equivalent to 1 year high school credit. The Japanese class she is taking this semester claims to be the equivalent of 2 years high school Japanese but I don't plan to give her more than 1 year's credit

I did the same for DS's Japanese 1 (CC claims it is 2 years' worth). Just gave it 1 credit.

Our local schools count each CC credit as .25 high school credit. So, a 3 credit CC course is worth .75 HS credit, a 4 credit course is worth 1 HS credit, and a 5 credit is worth 1.25 HS credit. I think that seems about right, given the amount of work involved.

• Like 1