What's with the ads?

#1 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4716 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

How do CC credits translate into high school credits? A semester of Econ is a 3 credit class at our CC. A semester of foreign language at CC is a 5 credit class, and a semester of some sciences is 4 credits. So for a DE student, would you grant 1 credit per course irregardless of how many credits (3,4, or 5) they are actually listed as at CC? We will DE a 5 credit foreign language class next year, so I am particularly interested in that one.

#2 quark

quark

Celebrating Curiosity!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4814 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

I used 1 credit regardless of no. of units (for the 3, 4, 5 credit classes).
  • Ellie, Roadrunner and Erica H like this

#3 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4716 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

I used 1 credit regardless of no. of units (for the 3, 4, 5 credit classes).

That simplifies things. :) thanks!
  • quark likes this

#4 crazyforlatin

crazyforlatin

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3705 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

So just by passing the Chspe you have been able to enroll your student at your local CC even though he will still be in middle school?

#5 Crimson Wife

Crimson Wife

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17749 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

I am counting 1 semester course as equivalent to 1 year high school credit. The Japanese class she is taking this semester claims to be the equivalent of 2 years high school Japanese but I don't plan to give her more than 1 year's credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Roadrunner and quark like this

#6 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4716 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

So just by passing the Chspe you have been able to enroll your student at your local CC even though he will still be in middle school?

I will PM you.

#7 quark

quark

Celebrating Curiosity!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4814 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Not Roadrunner but this is what we did.

#8 quark

quark

Celebrating Curiosity!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4814 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

I am counting 1 semester course as equivalent to 1 year high school credit. The Japanese class she is taking this semester claims to be the equivalent of 2 years high school Japanese but I don't plan to give her more than 1 year's credit

I did the same for DS's Japanese 1 (CC claims it is 2 years' worth). Just gave it 1 credit.

#9 klmama

klmama

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4957 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:41 AM

Our local schools count each CC credit as .25 high school credit. So, a 3 credit CC course is worth .75 HS credit, a 4 credit course is worth 1 HS credit, and a 5 credit is worth 1.25 HS credit. I think that seems about right, given the amount of work involved.
  • Roadrunner likes this