What's with the ads?

#1 Paradox5

Paradox5

The Ordinary Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

So all my shirt have holes in them from the friction of wearing Captain in his Lilebaby carrier and because I wear nothing but jeans. I have tried Target, Walmart, Lands End, even my favorite store- Talbots- but all seem to have a conspiracy against me. I can't find any polos, tees, or short and 3/4 sleeve dress shirts. The tees are tissue thin, have a neckline I'm not comfortable with wearing around my boys, or are too short for my long torso. Even the men's Fruit of the Loom tees I bought out of desperation spot holes after one wearing. I have never had this problem before. HELP! My Talbots size is curvy 8 in bottoms. Dress shirt is an 8 Tall. I had some LE 6's but I swear they have shrunk their sizes over the years cause they are tight. 

And let's not even start on my need for extra wide shoes. But if you've got a source, I'll look. I have 2 pairs of MBT's my mom gave me 4 years ago. The sandals' interior footbed is cracked in half but I don't have any other shoes.

HELP! I'm wearing my dh's tees!

#2 Gaillardia

Gaillardia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2780 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Be prepared to spend a bit for shoes at SAS (San Antonio Shoes) but they do offer wide sizes.

The rest of your problems, can't help you. I've been frustrated by shirts and tops that I think are too short also. Some stores are carrying tunics. I found some on sale at Belk, under $12. 

#3 Ausmumof3

Ausmumof3

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4072 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Can you check if there's a specific thing on the carrier that's rubbing? You might be able to put something over it to stop the holes?
  • wintermom, Artichoke and zoobie like this

#4 zoobie

zoobie

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9383 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Eddie Bauer or Duluth Trading

That's weird about the rubbing. Would a burp cloth or something in between help?

#5 itsheresomewhere

itsheresomewhere

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3900 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Old navy has tall shirts online. Not the best quality but some of mine are 3+years old. I did find some really nice shirts in Sam's club not too long ago. Kohls sometimes has some.

Amazon and Zappos for shoes. Free shipping and free returns.

Edited by itsheresomewhere, 20 March 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#6 three4me

three4me

Hive Mind Level 2 Worker: Nurse Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Another vote for Duluth Trading.

#7 Paradox5

Paradox5

The Ordinary Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Can you check if there's a specific thing on the carrier that's rubbing? You might be able to put something over it to stop the holes?

I tried tucking in my shirts but they still got holes. 8 shirts ruined!

I will look at the suggestions. Thank you!

Question: Are the Duluth Women's V-Necks modest v-necks? I don't got it and don't want to flaunt it.

Edited by Paradox5, 20 March 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#8 Kiara.I

Kiara.I

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

Yes, on Zappos you can search by width! Which means you don't need to look at all the shoes you can't wear. Oh, and 6pm is their clearance site, so try there too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#9 MercyA

MercyA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4363 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

Definitely Amazon and Zappos for shoes. We like New Balance and Keds in extra-wide. 

Have you tried L.L. Bean for shirts? They have worn well for me in the past, and they have free shipping. Plus, they have a lifetime guarantee on their clothing. If it doesn't last as long as you think it should, you can return it for a refund.

• Rebel Yell likes this