Menu

Parking in Chicago near Amtrack

simka2

Oh, I see. You would like to take a train from Chicago to New Orleans.

Don't park downtown. Rather, park somewhere on a Metra line in the suburbs and take the Metra or the el downtown. One possibility might be to take advantage of airport long term parking and take the Blue Line in from O'Hare. If you look at a map of the Metra lines, you can start googling long-term parking in the towns that run along the line.

• Like 4

Could anyone drop you off and pick you up later? Or get a cab or limo? Save time and no need leave car in some odd spot (and pay parking). From where I am, I can walk to the Metra station and get into Chicago - if the train runs when I need it to. What if your Amtrack leaves or gets in when Metra only runs once an hour or (middle of the night) not at all?

Edited by JFSinIL

The City of New Orleans leaves Chicago at night (arriving in NO in the afternoon) and leaves NO in the afternon and arrives in Chicago the next morning. Usually Amtrak doesn't get too far off schedule on that run, so it should be easy to check schedules for other transportation. Union station is easy to navigate, IMO.