Menu

Can I get wide toe box gym shoes suggestions?

Mom28kds

HELP! I have Morton's Neuroma in my right foot and any shoe that doesn't give my toes ample room to spread hurts to walk. I'm fine in the summer when I wear sandals or go barefoot but sometimes I just need some gym shoes. I live in Ohio so sandals all year doesn't work. I have a pair of Asics now buy they are hurting. I'm not sure if it's because my neuroma is getting worse or because my shoes are old haha but either way I need a new pair of shoes. Any suggestions?

Edited by Mom28kds

I have a very wide and short foot, so shoes are always a problem.  My gym shoes are Nike Flex 2013 (or is it 2014?).  Wide toe box and decent foot support in general.  I love my Birkenstocks better, but the Nikes will do when I have to wear sneakers.  I don't know if all "Nike Flex" shapes are the same; I think they vary somewhat by style, but I have a couple other pairs of Nikes that fit well too.

• Like 1

Plus they're very comfortable! I bought them for running, yet I find myself wanting to wear them out a lot. I gave in and wore them to the grocery store this morning since I'd at least be walking.

I run in mine, but I can imagine getting a duplicate pair in the sales this summer and wearing this pair for walking.  Yes, very comfortable.

Do you have a store nearby that fits runners for shoes? I'd look into men's shoes. They seem to have a wider toe box without having the width everywhere. I have a narrow heel but wide upper foot. Sometimes the men's version fits me much better. I like Asics and Brooks.

I have wide feet and I've bought Asics for years. New Balance, even wide, Ive found to be too narrow and men's shoes are too wide in the heel. I have a small foot so I only buy mine from Zappos. There aren't many bargains, but I can return free anything that doesn't fit.

I have wide feet and I've bought Asics for years. New Balance, even wide, Ive found to be too narrow and men's shoes are too wide in the heel. I have a small foot so I only buy mine from Zappos. There aren't many bargains, but I can return free anything that doesn't fit.

I love Asics and have used them for years. I chose to go with Brooks this last time because the Asics I tried on felt sloped as I ran on the treadmill in the store, causing my toes to hit the front of the shoe. I already have issues with my nails (I get horizontal ridges when I run) that require me to buy a size larger, so I went with the Brooks because I didn't have that problem.

• Like 1

I need a wide toe box because my first three toes are the same length.  No Jimmy Choos for ME! Anyway, I have bought Brooks the last three times I've bought tennyrunners.  The heel-slip problem can be managed by the way you lace the shoes.  

http://www.zappos.com/wide-toe-box-women-shoe

Also I wear wide and need a wide and deep toe box.  These are currently working for me - I'm on my second pair.  

http://www.newbalance.com/pd/new-balance-840v3/W840-V3.html#color=Light Grey_with_Blue Sapphire_and_Magenta

Edited by laundrycrisis

My daughter has foot issues and her orthopedist has always recommended New Balance because they have a wider toe box.  I like them because I can also get them in extra wide sizes for my own feet.  DD13 has definitely had the best luck with them as compared to any others we have tried.