Menu

What do you pack for lunch for someone who....

Greta

I have never, in 12.5 years of marriage, almost 9 as a SAHM, made my DH a lunch to take to work. I am amazed at how common it is! He's a big boy! He can decide what he's going to eat and fix it himself! Sometimes DH takes leftovers or makes a sandwich, sometimes he buys frozen dinners, sometimes he meets his mom out for lunch. Whatever, it's on him! 

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if people find the way we divvy things up to be a little odd.  We have our own unique system.  I'm responsible for all of the food prep, because he absolutely hates it, while it's my favorite household task.  He does my most hated chore, and more than half of my second-most-hated one, so I actually feel like I got the good end of that bargain.   :laugh:

• Like 1

I sure wish my dh would get up and fix my cooler of food for me to take to work. 😉 I usually get a kiss in my general direction and a muffled "luv ya" as he rolls over in bed for another hour of sleep.

My kids are very good about packing leftovers for me as they clean up the kitchen after supper; so, all I have to do is reach in the icebox and put the containers in my cooler.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if people find the way we divvy things up to be a little odd.  We have our own unique system.  I'm responsible for all of the food prep, because he absolutely hates it, while it's my favorite household task.  He does my most hated chore, and more than half of my second-most-hated one, so I actually feel like I got the good end of that bargain.   :laugh:

Same with us.  My DH telecommutes now, but I used to pack him a lunch every day when he worked away from home.  It never bothered me.  He does so much for me and I'm more organized than he is so I liked knowing he could get ready for work and just grab his lunch on his way out the door.  If I didn't, he probably wouldn't have eaten or would have just eaten snacks for lunch because I don't think he would ever be prepared.  

• Like 1

My dh hates using the microwave and the lunch room too. He says the wait is too long since everyone is waiting to use it too and the machine is gross inside. Fair enough. He usually prefers very large, hearty kale salads. I put all sorts of roasted veggies, eeggs, avocado, nuts or seeds, and a good dressing. Apparently this keeps him full longer than a sandwich.

• Like 1